Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Tablet Acer B1 770 does not connect to hotspot properly

LadyblackLadyblack Posts: 1Member Newbie
Good afternoon members,
I am having issues with my  Acer Tablet model B1 770 to connect to hotspot.
I am going to provide more detail below.
I have an iPhone 6s, version iOS 13.1.3 - this is the latest version. Since my iPhone has been updated to the latest iOS version, my tablet seems to connect to the iPhone ( I use the iPhone as hotspot) but when I try to access to google I am getting the message: "No internet".
In the Wi Fi setting I can see it connects to my iPhone but nothing happens.
I tried also to connect with Bluetooth, but same issue.
When my iPhone was a previous version everything was working fine, no problems.
iPhone released a fix, I installed but for my Tablet still persists the issue.
Troubleshooting I tried:
Reset network settings on my iPhone
Hard reset on my Tablet...
All possible troubleshooting was done before I tried the reset.
Is there anything else I can do to get it fixed?
Any settings that I should check on ACER or any particular update?
Hope that somebody had my same concern and resolved .

Thank you

FAQ & Answers

• mohan2018mohan2018 Posts: 244Member Practitioner
    @Ladyblack

Hi,

We need to determine whether it the issue with your tablet or the iphone.   We need to narrow down the issue..

Please try to use any other phone as a hotspot to this tablet.   If the other phone is working fine then it is not a issue with your tablet and it is a issue with your iphone.   Please try some of the missing steps which you haven't tried if your other phone is working fine as a hotspot with your tablet. 

Turn Cellular Data Off And Back On
    Personal hotspot uses cellular data to turn your iPhone into a Wi-Fi hotspot. When other devices connect to your personal hotspot and browse the web, they use the cellular data on your cell phone plan. Sometimes turning cellular data off and back on can fix a minor software glitch preventing personal hotspot from working on your iPhone.

Check For Carrier Settings Update
    Your wireless carrier and Apple regularly release carrier settings updates to improve your iPhone’s ability to connect to your carrier’s network. Go to Settings -> General -> About to see if a new carrier settings update is available. If one is, a pop-up will appear within about fifteen seconds. If no pop-up appears, then a carrier settings update probably isn’t available.

Restart Your iPhone
    Restarting your iPhone is a common solution for a variety of problems. All the programs on your iPhone shut down naturally when you turn it off, which can fix minor software glitches and errors.

Reset Your iPhone’s Network Settings
    Resetting the network settings on your iPhone erases all of its Cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and VPN settings and restores them back to factory defaults. Resetting all Cellular settings to factory defaults could fix a complex software issue if iPhone personal hotspot is not working. Rather than trying to track down that complex software problem, we’re just completely erasing it from your iPhone!

To reset network settings, open Settings and tap General -> Reset. Then, tap Reset Network Settings. You’ll be prompted to tap Reset Network Settings again to confirm your decision. Your iPhone will turn off, perform the reset, and turn back on.

If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue, please click on "Yes"