WIFI Keeps Disconnecting And Then Unable To Connect To This Network (ACER Aspire E5-571)

Options
TheRealPOTUS
TheRealPOTUS Member Posts: 9 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
WIFI Keeps Disconnecting And Then Unable To Connect To This Network

Hello, I have an ACER Aspire E5-571.

The WIFI will disconnect inexplicably.

When I attempt to reconnect, I get the error message, "Can't connect to this network."

Duly note, I'd rather connect VIA my Ethernet connection, but that connection drops inexplicably and the system reverts to the WIFI... and then the WIFI drops.

Thanks for your help!

Best Answer

• TheRealPOTUS
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Du_little said:

When I attempt to reconnect, I get the error message, "Can't connect to this network."

Duly note, I'd rather connect VIA my Ethernet connection, but that connection drops inexplicably and the system reverts to the WIFI... and then the WIFI drops.

Thanks for your help!

Hi ,
    really sorry to hear this follow the below steps and uninstall and re-install wifi drivers and check whether issue getting fixed;
     Image result for how to unistall wifi drivers
    click on the WIRELESS adapter DRIVERS shown in your device manager and RESTART your computer, the drivers will get updated and re-installed.
    check whether your able to get it connected to internet.
    Did that, we'll see if it works.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>I'd rather connect VIA my Ethernet connection>>>

Open DeviceManager. Click 'network adapter' folder. Right click 'wifi' or 'wlan' adapter. Click 'disable'.

Then use wired ethernet connection.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TheRealPOTUS
    Options

JackE said:
    >>>I'd rather connect VIA my Ethernet connection>>>

Open DeviceManager. Click 'network adapter' folder. Right click 'wifi' or 'wlan' adapter. Click 'disable'.

Then use wired ethernet connection.

Jack E/NJ

Thanks JackE,

Keep in mind, the Ethernet connection drops in inexplicably; that is the only reason that I use the WIFI. I obviously have a multiplicity of issues.

That stated, how do I fix the WIFI issue and then I'll move to fix the Ethernet issue.

Thanks a million!

• Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Thanks for your help!

Hi ,
    really sorry to hear this follow the below steps and uninstall and re-install wifi drivers and check whether issue getting fixed;
    click on the WIRELESS adapter DRIVERS shown in your device manager and RESTART your computer, the drivers will get updated and re-installed.
    Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• TheRealPOTUS
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Du_little said:

Thanks for your help!

Hi ,
  • TheRealPOTUS
    Options
    Ok, so after I uninstalled and reinstalled the WIFI and Ethernet adapters, the system has not dropped out for 24 hours. Normally, I would have had to restart that machine at least six times in order to re-establish an Internet connection.

That stated, I'll monitor it through Monday evening to see if those changes completely resolved this issue.

special thanks to JackE and Du_little for your help!!!

• Respect2Glory
    Respect2Glory Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    Du_little, Did this fix your internet connection? I have the same disconnecting issue. I reboot to reconnect, sometimes several times a day. I growl when I reboot and see that it's disconnected again. It's almost a daily thing, but his week it's been awful.
  • Respect2Glory
    Respect2Glory Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    Du_little, Did this fix your internet connection? I have the same disconnecting issue. I reboot to reconnect, sometimes several times a day. I growl when I reboot and see that it's disconnected again. It's almost a daily thing, but his week it's been awful.
  • TheRealPOTUS
    Options
    Yes, it did!!!

After I uninstalled and reinstalled both the WIFI and Ethernet drivers, the issues have been resolved!!!

The machine has not disconnected the Internet since I made those changes.

Now, I can gt back to the business at hand!

• varonica_1
    varonica_1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    • Go to Your computer and Press the Windows Key + R Together on the keyboard.
    • Type ncpa.cpl and press Ok Or You can Go Manually Go to Control Panel >Network And Internet>Network & Sharing Center >change adapter Settings>Select Your Current WiFi Network Adapter
    • Right Click on it and Go to the Properties then Under the WiFi adapter Settings Please Click on configure
    • Go to the Driver and Hit on Update Driver and you may see a new Box with 2 Options.
    • Click on Search Automatically for updated Driver Software and Get an auto-update.
    • You can also manually install the driver if you want to use the 2nd option. for that, you may need to download the wireless driver from the official laptop manufacturer website and then upload it using the second option.
    Source:- Fix WiFi Disconnecting 
  • A4S
    A4S Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Thanks for your help!

Du_little said:

Thanks for your help!

Hi ,
    Hello. I have the same computer and exactly the same problem for a while (more than 1 year). But I've tried all the suggestions above and nothing works. It is really annoying, I have to restart to have the wifi back.
    Any thoughts?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    This thread is a year old. Please start your own thread for more attention from other users. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TheRealPOTUS
    Options
    A4S said:

Thanks for your help!

Du_little said:

Thanks for your help!

Hi ,
    Hello. I have the same computer and exactly the same problem for a while (more than 1 year). But I've tried all the suggestions above and nothing works. It is really annoying, I have to restart to have the wifi back.
    Any thoughts?
    Just to clarify, did you uninstall and then reinstalled both drivers?

If so, have you installed the latest ACER updates as well as the Windows updates?