My Helios 300 ph315-51 is running so slow HELP!

Options
Skupee
Skupee Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Ive reset my PC and its running awfully slow all of a sudden when im playing fortnite i am getting massive from drops Please help!

Best Answer

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Skupee

Please follow the steps below..

Quick Fixes to Windows 10 Suddenly Extremely Slow and Unresponsive Issue

Method 1. Reboot your computer

If your computer has not been rebooted recently, make sure to reboot it before following any of the fixes below.

Method 2. Scan for malware or viruses

If your computer is infected with one or more viruses, this can cause your computer to run slow. Use your antivirus software scan your computer.   If you have third party programs you can also use to remove the virus.

Method 3. Close background programs

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Remove or disable any TSRs and startup programs that automatically start each time the computer boots. To see what programs are running in the background and how much memory and CPU they are using, open Task Manager. Choose the one and close.

Method 4. Update Windows

Make sure that you have the latest Windows updates installed on your PC. If you are on the Internet when your computer is slow, make sure all browser plugins are up-to-date.

Fix 1. Delete temp files

Press the window key and letter r on keyboard.    On the run window

Type temp.  click on ok.   It will show you the junk files.

Remove the temp files.    You can use ctrl + a on keyboard to highlight all files.    Then use shift + del key on keyboard to remove all the files.  If you are unable to remove some files just click on try again and then click on skip.    You can check the small box and then you can click on skip so that you can avoid skipping the files individually.

On the run window type %temp%

It will show you the junk files.   Please remove it.

Run Disk cleanup.

On the run window.   Type cleanmgr

It will show you the list.   You can uncheck recycle bin, downloads and thumbnail.   Click on ok.    It will be running the disk cleanup  

Fix 2. Free up Windows 10 disk space

Please remove any unwanted files on your computer to increase the storage space.

Step 2:

Try  Windows + x  -  Go to command prompt admin or Power shell admin

Run sfc /scannow on the black command prompt window

It will repair the operating system files. 

Step 3

Create a local user account

1. Select the Start  button, select Settings  > Accounts  and then select Family & other users. (In some editions of Windows you'll see Other users.) 
    2. Select Add someone else to this PC.
    3. Select I don't have this person's sign-in information, and on the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    4. Enter a user name, password, password hint or choose security questions, and then select Next.

Change a local user account to an administrator account

1. Under Settings  > Accounts  > Family & other users, select the account owner name, then select Change account type.
    2. Under Account type, select Administrator and OK.
    3. Sign in with the new administrator account.

Please check whether your computer is working faster now.   Otherwise follow the next steps.

Step 4

You can do a cleanup boot an check

How to perform a Windows 10 clean boot

1. Right-click the Start button.

2. Click Search.

3. Type msconfig and hit Enter on your keyboard

4. Click Services.

5. Click the checkbox next to Hide all Microsoft services.

6. Click Disable all.

7. Click Startup.

8. Click Open Task Manager.

9. Click any startup program you suspect might be interfering.

10. Click Disable. Repeat steps 9 and 10 for all startup programs.

11. Click the X to close Task Manager.

12. Click OK in the System Configuration window.

13. Restart your PC.

Check whether your computer is running faster now..

Step 5. 

If you are able to boot the windows

click on start, settings, update and recovery, recovery, reset this pc

It will show you "keep my files " and "remove everything" to continue with the recovery process

This process will erase all data on the your system.   You will see "keep my files" and  "Remove everything"

Choose the Refresh your PC option or "keep my files" if you want to restore your system and retain your data.  There will be an application loss if you chose "keep my files" option.

chose " remove everything " and click on "Just remove my files".   If just remove files is not fixing your issue, you can try "Fully clean the drive "

Click Reset to begin the recovery.

If the "just remove my files" option is not working you can try "fully clean the drive"

If the comments are helpful, please click on “like”

If the comments resolves your issue please click on “Yes”

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Skupee

Please follow the steps below..

Quick Fixes to Windows 10 Suddenly Extremely Slow and Unresponsive Issue

Method 1. Reboot your computer

If your computer has not been rebooted recently, make sure to reboot it before following any of the fixes below.

Method 2. Scan for malware or viruses

If your computer is infected with one or more viruses, this can cause your computer to run slow. Use your antivirus software scan your computer.   If you have third party programs you can also use to remove the virus.

Method 3. Close background programs

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Remove or disable any TSRs and startup programs that automatically start each time the computer boots. To see what programs are running in the background and how much memory and CPU they are using, open Task Manager. Choose the one and close.

Method 4. Update Windows

Make sure that you have the latest Windows updates installed on your PC. If you are on the Internet when your computer is slow, make sure all browser plugins are up-to-date.

Fix 1. Delete temp files

Press the window key and letter r on keyboard.    On the run window

Type temp.  click on ok.   It will show you the junk files.

Remove the temp files.    You can use ctrl + a on keyboard to highlight all files.    Then use shift + del key on keyboard to remove all the files.  If you are unable to remove some files just click on try again and then click on skip.    You can check the small box and then you can click on skip so that you can avoid skipping the files individually.

On the run window type %temp%

It will show you the junk files.   Please remove it.

Run Disk cleanup.

On the run window.   Type cleanmgr

It will show you the list.   You can uncheck recycle bin, downloads and thumbnail.   Click on ok.    It will be running the disk cleanup  

Fix 2. Free up Windows 10 disk space

Please remove any unwanted files on your computer to increase the storage space.

Step 2:

Try  Windows + x  -  Go to command prompt admin or Power shell admin

Run sfc /scannow on the black command prompt window

It will repair the operating system files. 

Step 3

Create a local user account

1. Select the Start  button, select Settings  > Accounts  and then select Family & other users. (In some editions of Windows you'll see Other users.) 
    2. Select Add someone else to this PC.
    3. Select I don't have this person's sign-in information, and on the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    4. Enter a user name, password, password hint or choose security questions, and then select Next.

Change a local user account to an administrator account

1. Under Settings  > Accounts  > Family & other users, select the account owner name, then select Change account type.
    2. Under Account type, select Administrator and OK.
    3. Sign in with the new administrator account.

Please check whether your computer is working faster now.   Otherwise follow the next steps.

Step 4

You can do a cleanup boot an check

How to perform a Windows 10 clean boot

1. Right-click the Start button.

2. Click Search.

3. Type msconfig and hit Enter on your keyboard

4. Click Services.

5. Click the checkbox next to Hide all Microsoft services.

6. Click Disable all.

7. Click Startup.

8. Click Open Task Manager.

9. Click any startup program you suspect might be interfering.

10. Click Disable. Repeat steps 9 and 10 for all startup programs.

11. Click the X to close Task Manager.

12. Click OK in the System Configuration window.

13. Restart your PC.

Check whether your computer is running faster now..

Step 5. 

If you are able to boot the windows

click on start, settings, update and recovery, recovery, reset this pc

It will show you "keep my files " and "remove everything" to continue with the recovery process

This process will erase all data on the your system.   You will see "keep my files" and  "Remove everything"

Choose the Refresh your PC option or "keep my files" if you want to restore your system and retain your data.  There will be an application loss if you chose "keep my files" option.

chose " remove everything " and click on "Just remove my files".   If just remove files is not fixing your issue, you can try "Fully clean the drive "

Click Reset to begin the recovery.

If the "just remove my files" option is not working you can try "fully clean the drive"

If the comments are helpful, please click on “like”

If the comments resolves your issue please click on “Yes”

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★