Just bought a new swift 5

redhawk1977
redhawk1977 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, i'm in Thailand so we often get different models to everyone else, but I just bought a Swift 5, 14 " its got  i5 8GB with 512GB SSD and onboard not dedicated graphics ....

the battery is reporting between 3.5 to 10 hrs battery life varying wildly. it was reporting 1.5hrs last night with a usb hub and a extra glowing keyboard plugged in (but with those removed normal ish) .. im just browsing atm so no youtube videos or anything wild, ive seen calibration mentioned, my msi laptop has a calibration app but this one does not i take it?

Is this normal when you first get it. I got it for the weight primarily rather than the swift 3 with geforce mx250, (which was cheaper believe it or not)

battery just went from 3hr 50 to 6 33 

should I calibrate .. i saw a mention of this on the forum

thanks

Answers

• redhawk1977

Tinkerer

edited October 2019
    still wildly changing  but I guess its ok as its been on for three hours and its still charged .lol .. at 71% with little use
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,441 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    I don't think you need to do anything at the moment, Battery(time left) showing different times is normal because it changes according to your usage pattern, I also don't think calibration needed, you can calibrate the battery every 6 months or so, let the battery charge up to 100%, disconnect the mains(remove AC adapter), use it until battery goes down to 20%, then charge it up to 100%, after 2 or 3 power cycles, you should be fine.
  • redhawk1977

Tinkerer

yeah maybe your right i did it anyway . yesterday I got basically about 5 or 6 hours battery life. . now I have a earphone problem .. see my post if you have any ideas ... thanks for the comment
  • redhawk1977

Tinkerer

You are welcome  :)
    You are welcome  :)
    got an answer to my headphone issue? i'm seconds away from putting this in for a repair .... i just reset the windows updates back to the start but its still not working. it works if i reboot but plug a earphone in when its on, and it only plays through speakers . see my other post for more info. Not many answers happening on this forum. it must be a slow day