pavan12 Member Posts: 37 Troubleshooter
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I need help in fixing my laptop camera. 

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,824 Pathfinder
    Options
    @pavan12
    Could you tell me wat happen to the camera and give the model number of the laptop.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    pavan12 said:
    Hi ,
    sorry to hear this, try uninstalling drivers and updating it. follow the below steps.
    Click the bottom-left Start button on desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu. Way 2: Open Device Manager from Quick Access Menu. Press Windows+X to open the menu, and choose Device Manager on it.
    Image result for my laptop camera not working

Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• pavan12
    Options
    Jack22 said:
    @pavan12
    Could you tell me wat happen to the camera and give the model number of the laptop.

When I open the camera it shows ''Something went wrong'', ''If you need it here is the error code''. The model number is N17W3.
  • pavan12
    Options
    Du_little said:
    pavan12 said:
    Hi ,
    sorry to hear this, try uninstalling drivers and updating it. follow the below steps.
    Click the bottom-left Start button on desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu. Way 2: Open Device Manager from Quick Access Menu. Press Windows+X to open the menu, and choose Device Manager on it.
    Image result for my laptop camera not working
    This is what the device manager on my laptop shows 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,378 Trailblazer
    Options
    OK, right click on the USB Video Device that has the exclamation mark on it. Bring up Properties, go to the Details tab and let us know what the Hardware IDs are. The go to the Driver tab and click the Update Driver button to see if it will find the drivers again. If that doesn't work go to the Driver tab and uninstall the driver, clicking the box to delete the driver files and reboot after it's done. If it still doesn't find the correct driver we'll work off those Hardware IDs to find one that will work.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • pavan12
    Options
    billsey said:
    OK, right click on the USB Video Device that has the exclamation mark on it. Bring up Properties, go to the Details tab and let us know what the Hardware IDs are. The go to the Driver tab and click the Update Driver button to see if it will find the drivers again. If that doesn't work go to the Driver tab and uninstall the driver, clicking the box to delete the driver files and reboot after it's done. If it still doesn't find the correct driver we'll work off those Hardware IDs to find one that will work.
    I followed the steps that you suggested but the camera is not working and it appears that there is another problem now. For the detection verification problem the Hardware ID is {DD8E82AE-334B-49A2-AEAE-AEB0FD5C40DD}\DetectionVerification

• billsey
    Options
    I believe you can clear the Detection Verification by installing the Intel Chipset drivers, though that is usually caused by swapping out to a replacement hard drive. What is shown under cameras now?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • pavan12
    Options
    billsey said:
    I believe you can clear the Detection Verification by installing the Intel Chipset drivers, though that is usually caused by swapping out to a replacement hard drive. What is shown under cameras now?
    Okay, I will do that. This is what it shows:

• billsey
    Options
    OK, get those installed and report back.