Should i game on my acer nitro 5 while plugged in?

Options
MacroVoid
MacroVoid Member Posts: 8 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
what is the proper way of gaming in an acer nitro 5 should i game on it while charging or should i charge it up first  to 100% then i can game on it while on ac power

Answers

• MacroVoid
    Options
    mohan2018 said:
    @MacroVoid

Yes.  You can game in while it is charging.   No worries.   Laptop is a portable device.   The reason why we are charging is, in case if we want to use it in our garden, car or in any other room, we can charge it and then we can use it without the charger cable.    But in case of Desktop or all in one computer we we dont have this choice.  

It is not going to make any impact on your computer.   Enjoy you game while charging your laptop. 

If my comments are helpful, please click on "like"
    If my comments resolves your issue, please click on "yes"
    so should i game on it while charging or should i charge it up to 100% first then i can game on it while on ac power
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,094 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @MacroVoid

Hi,

You can game on it while it is charging..   While you are playing your game, it will complete the charge.    Please remember you are now playing with the help of charger cable and battery will be charged while you are playing..

Yes, but you should not be worried as I said, your graphics card needs maximum electricity to perform at its full potential. These machines are designed to game so you can game while plugging in.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• MacroVoid
    Options
    some post that i read recommend that i should fully charge it first before gaming and i don't know what is the advantage of doing that on my nitro 5

anyway your comments are really helpful thanks a lot 
  • William_mk2
    Options
    Hi,

All the laptops have an in-built mechanism that switches to AC power when battery gets fully charged, and when you unlplug the ac power it will try to use the charge from the Battery to play the game. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• MacroVoid
    Options
    mohan2018 said:
    @MacroVoid

Yes.  You can game in while it is charging.   No worries.   Laptop is a portable device.   The reason why we are charging is, in case if we want to use it in our garden, car or in any other room, we can charge it and then we can use it without the charger cable.    But in case of Desktop or all in one computer we we dont have this choice.  

It is not going to make any impact on your computer.   Enjoy you game while charging your laptop. 

so should game on it while charging or should i charge it up to 100 % first then i can game on it?
  • MacroVoid
    Options
    mohan2018 said:
    @MacroVoid

so should game on it while charging or should i charge it up to 100 % first then i can game on it?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    MacroVoid said:
    what is the proper way of gaming in an acer nitro 5 should i game on it while charging or should i charge it up first  to 100% then i can game on it while on ac power

You must ONLY game plugged in. Modern gaming laptops are not designed to game and reach high performance when on battery alone. 
    Charge battery to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into power while gaming

Please click YES if I have answered your question, thank you

Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• MacroVoid
    Options
    i tried charging it to 100%first before using and after gaming i unplugged the cable and the battery instantly goes to 99% is that normal or is it bad?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    MacroVoid said:
    i tried charging it to 100%first before using and after gaming i unplugged the cable and the battery instantly goes to 99% is that normal or is it bad?

Absolutely normal. The laptop never operates on the power but always on the battery, as the battery drops to around 98 to 99% the power continuously trickle charges it. Your laptop is behaving normally 

Please click YES if I have answered your question 

Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• MacroVoid
    Options
    so when my battery intantly goes down to 99% whenever i UNPLUGGED the charger is normal?

sorry if im asking too many questions
  • Lance123
    Lance123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Just a clarification. I should play with the nitro 5 fully charged while the charger is still connected to the laptop. Also, when should I take a break from using the laptop. Every 5 hours? 6 hours? 
  • KennyIsClumsyYT
    KennyIsClumsyYT Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Question, can I leave it charging while playing a game with an autoclicker activated? I want to know if this affects anything. What I do is go on a game, turn on the autoclicker, and leave it there plugged in charging while I go to sleep, then wake up tomorrow and check for anything. Will this affect the computer or charger?