PH315-52-78VL fan turns on during hibernate

grayfox0327
grayfox0327 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I put my predator to hibernate, i'm sure it was off, but hours later i was looking for my cell charger in the laptop case and the case was really hot, so i open it and tha laptops fan was running but it was off...i had to connect the charger in order for the laptop to turn on...everything looks fine except that the temp was at 86 Celsius, this happens to me 2 times. Any idea what could make that to happen.
the laptop was like 25 days old when this happens and i bought it new.

I'm scared to let it inside the case Lol

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,006 Pathfinder
    @grayfox0327
    Predator and Nitro products are engineered to withstand higher operating temperatures than traditional notebooks. These systems include features that help with cooling and heat dispersion. The CPU and GPU are designed to handle temperature spikes in excess of 98 degrees Celsius without causing damage to the components. It is common for PC temperatures to spike temporarily during heavy gaming or graphic usage. If the system encounters excessive temperatures that could damage the hardware, it will automatically shut down to protect the components from becoming damaged.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • grayfox0327
    grayfox0327 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

@Jack22 great info, thanks but i wonder why the fan turns on if the laptop was on hibernation and how to prevent it.