Acer Aspire E 15 E5-574G-52QU Freezing and not working properly all the sudden

2»

Answers

• Have you ever tried stress testing on intel and nvidia video cards?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BrokeGuy28
    BrokeGuy28 Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
    Have you ever tried stress testing on intel and nvidia video cards?
    I have not. Is this safe? Or will it potentially damage the laptop even more?

if it’s safe which program or how do I perform these tests 
  • Use the gpu-z program.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BrokeGuy28
    edited October 2019
    Use the gpu-z program.
    I downloaded the program. Not sure what I am suppose to do or looking for. Here is screenshots of the two gpu drivers

I still have Nvidia disabled.. Not sure if that matters.

• BrokeGuy28
    edited October 2019
    I re enabled NVIDIA to see if anything would be different in GPu-z.

Heres the screenshot with it enabled.

Like I said , I am not sure what am I suppose to be looking for. I'm not the best with computers.. Does this mean it's a faulty GPU going out or what?

Anyways, Happy Halloween!

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• BrokeGuy28
    edited November 2019
    I ran the Intel Diagnostic Tool and it came up all green as passed on everything. (I did notice for the gpu test it only tested the Intel gpu)

For the Gpu-Z, I tried to start the render test, but it just shows a white screen and does nothing. I left it like that for 10 minutes or so before closing it out.
  • Can you test the notebook using a live linux distribution? Also, what is the bios and video card version?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• BrokeGuy28
    Can you test the notebook using a live linux distribution? Also, what is the bios and video card version?
    Thanks for the replies!

Test it using this gpu-z program ? Or test it how ? Never used anything like a live Linux distribution.

bios-V1.18

Wasn't sure for video card version you meant but here I am sure it's on these.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,848 Trailblazer
    OK. I've read thru this entire thread. A full erase-everything ALT+F10 cold boot ACER factory reset as originally suggested by egydiocoelho  has apparently NOT yet been done. Only a generic Microsoft reset has been done. This is NOT the same kind of reset. Follow instructions for an ACER cold boot reset as shown in the video below.  If the problem persists immediately after the ACER factory reset and before any Windows updates have been applied, then a hardware issue is likely. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BrokeGuy28
    edited November 2019
    JackE said:
    OK. I've read thru this entire thread. A full erase-everything ALT+F10 cold boot ACER factory reset as originally suggested by egydiocoelho  has apparently NOT yet been done. Only a generic Microsoft reset has been done. This is NOT the same kind of reset. Follow instructions for an ACER cold boot reset as shown in the video below.  If the problem persists immediately after the ACER factory reset and before any Windows updates have been applied, then a hardware issue is likely. Jack E/NJ

Hey JackE, thanks for the reply! You helped me with my fan problem like a year ago :)

I tried getting into the reset screen like the video suggested multiple times, with "alt" being held down and tapping F10 multiple times, it will not give me the reset screen from the Acer logo. I was reading how to fix that, and the only thing I came across was using a cd drive , which I don't have. Is there any other ways around this?

I have reset this laptop a few different ways already, but not this way as you said.

Top Search on Google for alt-f10 is (acer alt f10 not working windows 10). So it must be a common problem

• JackE
    Turn the machine on and immediately F2 into the BIOS menu. Make sure the D2D and F12 boot options are enabled in the Main tab. F10 to save settings and exit. Then try the ALT+F10 reset again immediately after turing the machine on. Don't wait for the ACER logo to appear as often it's too late by then. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BrokeGuy28
    edited November 2019
    JackE said:
    Turn the machine on and immediately F2 into the BIOS menu. Make sure the D2D and F12 boot options are enabled in the Main tab. F10 to save settings and exit. Then try the ALT+F10 reset again immediately after turing the machine on. Don't wait for the ACER logo to appear as often it's too late by then. Jack E/NJ
    Turned those on and tried to reset again and got this error screen 
    i just pressed f1, then acer logo appeared with “please wait” and then got the reset options. I am resetting it now. Will I still get the same full reset with the error code? Will update in a few hours
  • JackE
    Not sure. That looks more like a Microsoft recovery, not ACER factory recovery. It may be that the hidden ACER recovery partition has already been overwritten from your previous generic attempts .  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BrokeGuy28
    edited November 2019
    JackE said:
    Not sure. That looks more like a Microsoft recovery, not ACER factory recovery. It may be that the hidden ACER recovery partition has already been overwritten from your previous generic attempts .  Jack E/NJ
    Well it’s finishing up now and I got a blue message saying “your pc was reset but some of your files couldn’t be deleted” and it told me to reset again if I wish to sell it.

so I assume this reset is going to do anything. I will try to get into acer recovery via alt f10 method again later tonight. Is there anything else I Could try? If not I will just update here tomorrow if the full acer reset worked or if I could even get it
  • JackE
    The ACER reset screen should look like that in the video posted earlier. If not, the hidden ACER factory recovery partition has likely been overwritten. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BrokeGuy28
    JackE said:
    The ACER reset screen should look like that in the video posted earlier. If not, the hidden ACER factory recovery partition has likely been overwritten. Jack E/NJ

Yeah it looked like the one in the video so maybe it was the Acer reset method. But it didn’t reset completely this time. 

I am getting the “dpc watchdog violation” blue screen at the moment after the reset. Trying to set up windows  . I assume it’s because the Nvidia driver got re enabled. It will work one of these times and I will be able to get into it and disable again 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    It sure sounds as if the Nvidia hardware is causing the problems. As suggested earlier booting to a Linux Live environment (you would need to create the boot image on a flash drive) would help pin it down to the hardware or something related to the Windows environment. That is essentially what all these various test have been for after all. The nice thing about booting to Linux Live is that everything runs directly off the flash drive, so it doesn't muck with your Windows install at all. Once up in Linux I imagine there are various stress tests that can be done on the Nvidia GPU. If they glitch there it's proven to be hardware, if everything is stable there we need to dig deeper into the Windows environment.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.