Swift 1 laptop will not let me sign in with fingerprint and does not let me access 'sign-in options'

krojo04
krojo04 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Why is my laptop not letting me sign-in with my fingerprint anymore and why will it not open my sign-in tab? It will open everything else just fine but if I try to open the 'sign-in options' tab it will stay highlighted but not ever open. Even when I try to type it in the search bar, it won't open. What can I do to fix it?

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    edited October 2019
    krojo04

Hi,

I do see that your  laptop not letting you sign-in with your fingerprint anymore and  it will not open the sign-in tab.  When you try to open the 'sign-in options' tab it will stay highlighted but not ever open. Even when you try to type it in the search bar, it won't open.

These are the basic steps that you need to follow.
    Power Drain test for laptop.
    If your computer is not having the inbuilt battery follow these steps.
    1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable.
    2.  Remove the battery if it is not inbuilt.
    3.  Hold the power button for 50 seconds.
    4.  Connect all the cables back
    5.  Turn on the computer.
    Steps to remove the battery.
    1.  Turn off the computer.   Remove all the cables and devices including power cable
    2.  Turn the laptop upside down.  Flip the laptop.  On the back of laptop there will be a unlock switch.  You need to move the switch to the left or right and then you need to pull the battery door out.   
    If your computer is having an inbuilt battery follow these steps.
    Power Drain test.
    1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable. 
    Flip the laptop.  On the back of the laptop there will be a tiny hole.  It is called a battery reset hole.  There will be a battery symbol right next to the hole.
    2. You need to insert a paper clip or small pin gently inside the hole and hold it for    30 seconds.  
    3. Plug all the cables back and turn on the computer.

Step 2
    Bios Defaults.
    1. Turn on the computer and keep on tapping f2.  It will go to bios setup utility
    2. Press f9 once on the bios setup screen.   It will show you bios defaults.  Please press yes.
    3. Press f10 on the bios setup screen.  It will show you "yes" to save the changes.  Please press yes.
    Computer will automatically restart and it will load windows..

Please check whether the fingerprint and sign in options are working fine..

If not follow these steps...

Solution 1 – Remove and recreate your PINSeveral users reported that fingerprint doesn’t work in Windows 10 due to their PIN. However, you can fix this problem simply by removing your PIN. To do that, follow these steps:Open Settings app and go to Accounts > Sign-in options. In the PIN section click the Remove button.
    Windows 10 fingerprint and PIN not working remove passwordClick the Remove button again to confirm.You’ll be asked to enter your Microsoft Account password. Enter the password and click on OK.
    Windows 10 fingerprint reader not working Dell verify password removalNow you just need to add your PIN again. You can do that by following these steps:Go to Sign-in options and click on Add button in PIN section.
    Windows Hello isnt available on this device add PINEnter your password and click on Sign in button.
    Windows 10 fingerprint login not working re-enter your passwordEnter the desired PIN in two input fields and click on OK.
    Windows 10 fingerprint stopped working set up a PINAfter you recreate your PIN, the problem should be completely resolved and you’ll be able to use your fingerprint again.
    Solution 2 – Roll back drivers/use default driversOpen Device Manager by right-clicking the Start Button and choosing the Device Manager from the list.
    Windows 10 fingerprint stopped working device managerLocate your fingerprint driver and double click it to open its properties.Click the Roll Back Driver button.
    Windows 10 fingerprint and PIN not working roll back driver
    This will install the previously installed driver instead of the one you’re currently using. Sometimes it’s better to use the default driver that comes with Windows 10, and to go back to the default drivers do the following:
    Step 3Open Device Manager.Find your fingerprint scanner driver.Right click it and choose Uninstall device.
    Windows 10 fingerprint reader not working HP uninstall driverCheck Delete the driver software for this device and click Uninstall.
    Windows Hello fingerprint setup not working uninstall driverSolution 4 – Uninstall fingerprint software
    According to users, if fingerprint doesn’t work in Windows 10, you might be able to fix the problem simply by uninstalling the fingerprint software. To do that, follow these simple steps:Open the Settings app. You can do that quickly by using Windows Key + I shortcut.Settings app will now appear. Navigate to the Apps section.
    Windows Hello isnt available on this device apps settingsLocate the fingerprint reader software on the list and select it. Now click the Uninstall button.
    Windows 10 fingerprint login not available apps and features uninstall an appFollow the instructions on the screen to complete the uninstallation process.After removing the fingerprint software, you need to remove the fingerprint driver from your PC. We explained in detail how to do that in Solution 1, so be sure to check it out for detailed instructions.After uninstalling fingerprint driver and software, restart your PC. Windows 10 will now install the default driver and the issue should be resolved.
    Solution 5 – Remove fingerprints and update fingerprint driverIf the fingerprint doesn’t work in Windows 10, you can fix the problem simply by removing the fingerprints. To do that, follow these steps:Open the Settings app and navigate to Accounts section.
    Windows 10 fingerprint without Hello AccountsSelect Sign-in options from the menu on the left. In the right pane go to Windows Hello section and click on Remove button under Fingerprint.
    Windows 10 fingerprint greyed out sign-in optionsAfter removing fingerprints, you need to remove your fingerprint driver. To see how to do that, check from Solution 1 onwards.Now you need to download and install the latest driver for your fingerprint reader. Lastly, you need to register two new fingerprints. To do that, follow these steps:Go to Settings app > Accounts > Sign-in options.Make sure that you have a PIN set up. If not, set up your PIN now.Go to Windows Hello section in the right pane and click on the “Set up” button.Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your fingerprint.After adding a fingerprint, go to Windows Hello section and click on Add another button.Follow the instructions on the screen to add another fingerprint.After doing that your fingerprint reader should start working.If the above steps are helpful please click "like". If the above steps resolves your issue please click "Yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★