I have Acer predator helios 300, but the turbo button at the top left corner isnt working. Pls help

Devjames
Devjames Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
My Acer predator PH315-52 has developed problems from the beginning of purchase. its turbo button isnt working even if predator sense is working. Pls help to sort it out.

Answers

• HopeJuster
    HopeJuster Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Did you check if your predator sense app is working?
    if not i'd try to reinstall it and see if that fixes it
    good luck :)
  • Devjames
    Devjames Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yeah predator sense is working fine. But turbo button isn't responding even if I am attached to power and not in battery.

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • marco123
    marco123 Member Posts: 33 Troubleshooter
    hi guys,
     some weeks back had  problems with my PH315-52 -71QE, blue screens... ended up sending it to the support/warranty.
    Was the mainboard, they changed it for a brand new plus processor.

Now, im tryin to use the Turbo key and it doesnt work!..
    Predator Sense seems working fine but not the turbo key. Bios is 1.08 which is updated , W10 is also updated .

One thing i notice on my bios is the name of the product, before was Predator PH315-52 now and after the new mainboard its called:
    NG-PH315-52-71QE

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited January 2020
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • marco123
    egydiocoelho, i renamed it as u sugested , still not working the turbo key.
    Since this came today from support/assistance, what should i do? send it back again to ACER? any other alternative?
  • Is the operating system that came installed, the same as that provided by Acer?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    marco123 said:
    egydiocoelho, i renamed it as u sugested , still not working the turbo key.
    Since this came today from support/assistance, what should i do? send it back again to ACER? any other alternative?
    I think yes. They need to modify the name/model to have Predator 315-52.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • marco123
    edited January 2020
    it is the same settings , same oper. system that came from the acer support.
    The one that came brand new earlier in December, when i bought it,  name in bios was correct.
    After going to Support and had a new mainboard , the name of product was changed too.

So , you really think its necessary turn it back to them to change the name in Bios?
  • marco123
    could this be the reason why my Turbo key isnt working? the fact that its the wrong product name in bios?
  • belik
    belik Member Posts: 397 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    marco123 said:
    hi guys,
     some weeks back had  problems with my PH315-52 -71QE, blue screens... ended up sending it to the support/warranty.
    Was the mainboard, they changed it for a brand new plus processor.

Now, im tryin to use the Turbo key and it doesnt work!..
    Predator Sense seems working fine but not the turbo key. Bios is 1.08 which is updated , W10 is also updated .

One thing i notice on my bios is the name of the product, before was Predator PH315-52 now and after the new mainboard its called:
    NG-PH315-52-71QE

They could connect cable between turban button and motherboard wrong
    This cable is under the heatsink and you can’t check/reconnect without removing cooling system 
  • belik
    belik Member Posts: 397 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited January 2020
    marco123 said:
    could this be the reason why my Turbo key isnt working? the fact that its the wrong product name in bios?
    When you press the button it must change values in registers in embedded controller, you can check it this way
    Download and install this app
    http://rweverything.com/download/
    Go to menu Access - Embedded Controller and monitor register in row 80 column 03, when turbo off its value 15, turbo on - 35

• marco123
    the value is 15.. means button is not physically connected?
  • I agree with my mate belik, see:

However, I believe that disconnecting the heatsink may violate the hardware warranty.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• marco123
    I agree with my mate belik, see:

However, I believe that disconnecting the heatsink may violate the hardware warranty.

i'm not opening the laptop myself, it came from acer support yesterday, gonna send it back.
    i'm ***** man... First problem i had was BSOD caused by a faulty MB, which is an intangible.. but this new probs, the thing with the key and the wrong product name ,  it seems to me like lack of care .

• I also suggest that you report to technical support, that the name is wrong in the bios.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• marco123
    i will, thank you all, amazing community support, peace out.
  • Post the result here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Mora2371
    Mora2371 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    My Turbo button works fine but what i need to know is, is it supposed to light up? Bcs I can clearly see a blue line