Acer switch 10 Sw03-16 doesn't turn on

Siddhrsh
Siddhrsh Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
When i press power button led won't turn green when i plug in charger red light is on; holding volume up or down & power for 30 sec device turns on but doesn't boot

Answers

• Siddhrsh

Hi,

Problem

Sometimes you may find that when you switch on your Acer Aspire Switch10 you get no signs of life, regardless of how long the unit has been on charge or if it is plugged into the mains.

Cause

This is caused by the battery being in a state known as deep discharge. The battery is completely exhausted. This may happen if the unit shut down due to the battery being flat, and then either it was not recharged for some time, or attempts were made to turn the unit on whilst the battery was flat.

Instructions

To restore the unit to working operation, carry out the following:

1. Plug the tablet into the mains power supply.
    2. Press and hold the Power and Volume UP buttons at the same time. Hold them for between 30-60 seconds.
    3. The unit should now boot normally.
    If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue, please click on "Yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Siddhrsh
    Siddhrsh Member Posts: 2 New User
    Tried but getting critical battery low but charging is working
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    Yes, if the battery is low enough then it'll have to get charged some before it'll boot and stay running. Otherwise it'll start the boot and run just until the battery state is read, then it will shutdown because the battery is below the critical threshold.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.