Does a blinking battery indicator mean anything?

Options
JamesTempleton18
JamesTempleton18 Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
So sometimes when my battery is fully charged and left plugged in for some times, the battery indicator turns orange and blinks slowly. Is it my battery not good or something else?`

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options
    JamesTempleton18

Hi,

Please find the details below.

What does it mean when the battery icon on my notebook or netbook is orange and blinking?

What does it mean when the battery icon on my notebook or netbook is orange and blinking?

When the battery charge is low the orange light will blink slowly. When the battery charge level is critically low (less than 3%) the orange light will blink rapidly.

But in your case it is fully charged.  So please follow the steps below

If the battery is not charging with the AC Adapter, perform a power reset:

1. Remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter or the power cord from the computer.
    2. Press and hold down the power button on the computer down for 30 seconds and then release the button.
    3. Plug in the AC adapter or power cord again, reinsert the battery, and power on the computer.
    If the Battery is non removable

Turn off the computer.  Unplug the power cable.   Turn the laptop upside down.

If your system has a battery pinhole reset on the bottom, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole and hold the button down for 5 seconds.

Connect the power cable and turn on the computer.

If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue, please click on "Yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited October 2019
    Options
    it means  "plugged in (power cable) , but not charging(battery)"
    its normal. dont do anything.
    My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • Hegas
    Hegas Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    JamesTempleton18

Hi,

When the battery charge is low the orange light will blink slowly. When the battery charge level is critically low (less than 3%) the orange light will blink rapidly.

1. Remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter or the power cord from the computer.
    2. Press and hold down the power button on the computer down for 30 seconds and then release the button.
    3. Plug in the AC adapter or power cord again, reinsert the battery, and power on the computer.

If your system has a battery pinhole reset on the bottom, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole and hold the button down for 5 seconds.

"non-removable battery"
     after resetting for 5 seconds and the indicator battery has turned off.  can it charge normally again?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,118 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi @Hegas,
    Once the battery reset completed, leave the laptop to rest for a while(15-20 Mins), fully charge the battery before start using the laptop.
  • Varun_01237
    Varun_01237 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi, This did not work for me. Despite pressing the battery reset button for more than 5 seconds also the light continues to blink. Kindly help.

Acer-William said:
    JamesTempleton18

Hi,

• PassiveWards24
    PassiveWards24 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi guys I have Acer Built in battery Laptop, my problem is whenever I turn on my laptop, the blue light blinks even though it's full charge, when I plug the charger, my laptop will turn on just fine, what's the solution to this guys