How can I download the Realtek Audio HD in my Aspire 3 Acer laptop?

JulesD
JulesD Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Kindly teach me how and where to find it.I have been trying to use an external mic for skype and it doesn't show as an option. 

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,143 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    JulesD

Hi,

Kindly follow the details below

Download & Reinstall  Realtek HD Audio Manager

Before downloading the new drivers, uninstall all the current drivers. In order to avoid duplicate conflicts among several drivers, one must uninstall the duplicate audio drivers as well.

To do this follow these steps-

Click on Start button and navigate to Device Manager.

Expand Sound, video and game controllers from the list in Device Manager.

Under this, locate the audio driver Realtek High Definition Audio.

Right-click on it and select on Uninstall device from the drop-down menu.

Download  Reinstall Realtek HD Audio Manager

Check the option with Delete the driver software for this device and hit the uninstall button.

Now go to Views tab and click on Show hidden devices from the drop-down menu.

Now search for duplicate audio drivers if any. Right-click on it and hit the Uninstall option.

Restart the system.

To manually download the audio driver

visit the website support.acer.com - chose your country -  chose your device or enter the snid

Click on Drivers and manuals

Download and install the sound driver

To Answer your question on skype

How to Use an External Microphone with Skype

1. Open Skype.
    2. Open the Settings menu by clicking Skype > Preferences on macOS or the gear icon on Windows.
    3. Click the Audio/Video tab on macOS or scroll down to Microphone on Windows.
    4. Under the Microphone dropdown (either operating system) select the new microphone you'd like to use.

If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"

If the comments resolves your issue, please click on "Yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Budak
    Budak Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have a new Acer spin-2 and I realised that sound output is very basic. When I checked device manager, I discovered that I dont have Realtek HD audio at all.
    Could you assist me how to install this?
  • Rayhan
    Rayhan Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2020
    On my acer extensa 15 2540 I'm trying to use an external mic. but the built in mic is the only mic that will work could you help me fix this? 
  • NoelMP4
    NoelMP4 Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Budak said:
    I have a new Acer spin-2 and I realised that sound output is very basic. When I checked device manager, I discovered that I dont have Realtek HD audio at all.
    Could you assist me how to install this?
    I think you should create a new topic about the Realtek audio driver problem for your Acer Spin laptop, Budak.
    also "Spin-2" is too vague as there is no such model listed on the Acer site.  run msinfo32.exe to gather proper specs of your Acer Spin computer which should provide a more accurate model.