Predator Helios 300 (2017) Fps issue

reptie4
reptie4 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an issue with my GPU affecting my fps and the only way to fix it is to restart my pc before it happens again.
I played a game I usually get 120 fps on and was getting around 50 instead and didn't think much of it.. then downloaded destiny 2 to play and that when I noticed it started happening(drops from 80 to 30fps). and it affects every program on my pc.
When I launch any application that uses my GPU after a little while fps will drop severely and make the game unplayable because of input lag. And after this happened every program that uses my GPU gets affected until restart.
When this happens the GPU jumps to 100% usage. longest I could go was half an hour before it happened. It is not thermal throttling my temps are fine, and even after the GPU cools down frames won't go back until I restart. I have tried multiple versions of drivers. And I even rolled back to the older version of windows, And I've tried everything I can think of.

Answers

• reptie4
    reptie4 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited October 2019
    of course, now I figure it out but I guess there's something wrong with the charger. the computer will keep stopping its self from charging, -that makes alot of sense for the frame drop-. even though the charging indicator is on, and it fixes when I replug it. not sure whats causing it.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,851 Trailblazer
    Charger must be plugged in and battery near 100% full BEFORE you start heavy loads to get max gaming time. If you notice gaming times decreasing, then yes either you're charger isn't up to snuff or too small --- OR ---- you need to replace the battery. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ