My Acer Nitro-5 An515-52 won't go to sleep mode when i close the lid

Options
Hemanth021
Hemanth021 Member Posts: 5 New User
so anyone please help me to get out of this problem, i didn't change any power options, they remain default as new. 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hemanth021 
    Disconnect any USB or wireless devices (mouse) connected to you laptop and chekc the issue.
    Please try the below mentioned steps to fix the issue.

1)Run the Power Troubleshooter
    Open the Settings app and navigate to the Update & Security section. You can open the Settings app quickly by using Windows Key + I shortcut.
    Select Troubleshoot from the left pane. In the right pane, select Power and click Run the troubleshooter button.
    Troubleshooter window will now appear and you just have to follow the instructions on the screen to complete it.
    After the troubleshooting process is finished, check if the problem is still there.

2)The problem might be related to your screensaver.
    Open the Settings app and navigate to the Personalization section.
    Select the Lock screen from the menu on the left. Now pick Screen saver settings from the right pane.
    Set the Wait time to any lower value, for example, 1 minutes or so. Now click Apply and OK to save changes. Alternatively, you can choose not to use any screensaver.
    After making these changes, check if the problem is still there.

3)Restore the power plan settings to the default
    Press Windows Key + S and enter power settings. Now choose Power & sleep settings from the list.
    The Settings app will now appear. In the right pane scroll down to the Related settings and click Additional power settings.
    Now click Restore default settings for this plan.
    After doing that, the problem should be completely resolved. Alternatively, if you’re using your own custom power profile, you should switch to one of several built-in profiles and check if that solves the problem.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! :)    
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Hemanth021
    Options
    Thank you for your answer sharanji. I've tried all these steps but my problem didn't resolve. my screen remains to turn on when I closed the lid, the age of my laptop is just 3 days. I've already pinged a mail to the Acer care yesterday night. I'm waiting for their reply, thank you for ur answer and care. I closed lid completely but still screen won't turn off it remains the same
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @Hemanth021
    Open Quick access from the start menu. Select Power Button then select Sleep. After that all you have to do is press the power button and close the lid and it will go to sleep. If you do not have Quick Access download it here under the Applications tab
    Please click YES if I have answered your question, thank you
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7572?b=1

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Hemanth021
    Options
    thank you for ur response bro but it didn't work
  • Arian777
    Arian777 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    @Hemanth021
    Can you try to do so while your wifi and bluetooth are off please
    Disconnect anything thats connected to it via USB or Lan, etc.
    Disable start up programs that might run in the background which might have admin privilages that are keeping your PC awake (while they are running). You can check the start up programs via task manager.

We are trying to narrow down the list of possible things that could cause this, so it might not solve your problem yet but itll help us get closer to the solution

P.S: was it like this since the first day you got your laptop or it happened afterwards (if yes, was it recently?)
  • Hemanth021
    Options
    it happens since 1st day
  • Arian777
    Arian777 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    it happens since 1st day
    Okay, post your results once youre done
  • kimi99
    kimi99 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    hi. Have your problem fix?

• jonismithy001
    jonismithy001 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    this issue hasnt been fixed and non of the solutions work. someone please fix this
  • STEVE1020
    STEVE1020 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Yeah I have the same problem with the sleep mode...it is a shame because the pc works perfect and that is the only 
  • DeltaY
    DeltaY Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

so I also Had the same issue it fixed its self after I pressed alt f4, then chose reset after it was fixed.