webcam driver for aspire a515-53g-59m2 (win10 x64)

4EverMaAT
4EverMaAT Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
a515 53g 59m2
SNID:  90804700166
NX.HCFST.001

The webcam seems to be black each time I try to load it in skype and in other programs. It is just black screen.  Or if i use a test app like this

I would get an error.

I tried to uninstall the camera "HD User Facing" in device settings and restart the computer.  But I received the same problem.

Can someone please help me with obtaining the correct driver?  It could be a hardware failure also, but first we need to eliminate this.

Windows 10 x64

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    edited October 2019
    4EverMaAT

Hi,

Checked the product specifications of your computer model.   Able to see

Built-in Devices

Front Camera/Webcam

Yes

Front Camera/Webcam Video Resolution

1280 x 720

Step 1

Please follow the steps to roll back the camera driver...

How to Roll Back a Driver in Windows
    1. Open Device Manager. ...
    2. In Device Manager, locate the device that you want to roll back the driver for. ...
    3. After finding the hardware you're rolling back the driver for, tap-and-hold or right-click on the device's name or icon and choose Properties. ...
    4. Select the Driver tab.
    5. Select the Roll Back Driver button.

Step 2

Update the Camera Driver.

Please try to press Windows key and letter x on keyboard
    Click on Device Manger
    Right click on camera driver and click on Update

Check whether the camera is working properly. 

Please also check whether there is any Yellow Mark on the name of camera driver in Device Manager.
    If you find any yellow mark , please right click on camera driver and click on Uninstall and restart the computer. 

Step 3

Tried to go to Acer website - support.acer.com

checked for your support model - Product Support for Aspire A515-53G

Model Name: A515-53G

Able to see drivers for Windows 10 64 bit...  But unable to see any separate camera driver on the list.    It might be inbuilt camera driver which comes along with the chipset driver. 

Please find the drivers list on acer website..  Able to see drivers for..

Air plane mode,audio,audio console,Bluetooth,card reader,chipset,serial io driver,irst driver,lan driver,me driver,vga driver,Wireless lan driver,touch pad driver

Unable to see any separate driver for the inbuilt camera.    

So please try to install the chipset, serial io and card reader driver from the list.    Restart the computer and check whether the camera is working properly. 

Step 4

Try to run the Windows update.   

Check for updates in Windows 10. Open Start Menu and click on Settings > Update & Security settings > Windows Update. Here, press on the Check for updates button. If any updates are available, they will be offered to you.   Please complete the updates, restart the computer and check.

Let us hope that your camera starts to work fine..

If the steps are helpful, please click "like"

If the steps resolves your issue, please click "Yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• 4EverMaAT

Tinkerer

i'm pretty sure I made a post here.  But I will repost it:

Acer official support is ultimately responsible for providing 100% of their drivers to their customers.  The OS is not responsible for this.  Two good reasons:

1) OS company did not build the laptop system (Acer built the laptop).
    2) the OS could "automatically" provide the wrong driver or a more generic driver that does not provide full functionality (quite common).

This is why manufacturers maintain their own master list of the drivers for a particular system.   So please Acer, I am making a simple request.  Can you link to the HD webcam driver for this laptop model?

I tried contacting a regional support (Acer Thailand); their support was not too helpful.  I have had two requests that went unanswered already.  

@mohan2018 I tried to uninstall driver and restart computer.   But as expected, it wouldn't work.   I do have old HDD that came with laptop.  It is basically untouched, so may also try to pull drivers from there.    This is extreme though, as the manufacturer should just make the drivers for the relevant components available (all of them).  This is not difficult for Acer to do.  Even if they do not have an installer ready, they can send just the driver files I could work with that.

• 4EverMaAT

Tinkerer

Update:   I reinstalled windows 10 LTSC (2019) on a new ssd drive.  This time, I used an unedited version (no ntLite edits).   Then after windows is fully installed, I disable/remove stuff.

Anyway, one of the first things I did was check the HD User Facing webcam.  It works.

I suspect it had something to do with Windows Media Player being deleted, but I'll never fully know the reason.

This still doesn't alleviate the manufacturer's job of making their own separate drivers available.  You cannot rely solely on OS to provide drivers.