Random black screen on acer nitro 5

Options
MrsBads
MrsBads Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi i want to ask what happen on my 2 weeks old acer nitro 5 it randomly having black screen on some parts of the screen and today it went black almost whole of the screen but if i put my cursor on the black screen it will be back again to normal and afterwards going black again i even updated the software once i bought it how to fix this please help!

Answers

• Harvey-Acer_Retired
    Harvey-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 330 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hello @MrsBads

>> Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue.  Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the external display. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.

If the issue persists, please contact support in your region and they will assist you further.
    Acer Worldwide :  http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Smile :)
  • William_mk2
    Options
    MrsBads

Hi

I am really sorry for the inconvenience.   We need to determine whether it is a hardware or software issue.    

Turn off the computer. 

Turn on the computer and tap f2.    It will go to Bios setup screen.

Please wait on the screen for 30 mins.    If the screen looks good during the 30 mins then it is a issue with operating system and it is not a hardware issue.

After you determine that it is the issue with operating system.   

These are the basic steps that you need to follow.

Power Drain test for laptop.

If your computer is not having the inbuilt battery follow these steps.

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable.

2.  Remove the battery if it is not inbuilt.

3.  Hold the power button for 50 seconds.

4.  Connect all the cables back

5.  Turn on the computer.

Steps to remove the battery.

1.  Turn off the computer.   Remove all the cables and devices including power cable

2.  Turn the laptop upside down.  Flip the laptop.  On the back of laptop there will be a unlock switch.  You need to move the switch to the left or right and then you need to pull the battery door out.   

If your computer is having an inbuilt battery follow these steps.

Power Drain test.

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable. 

Flip the laptop.  On the back of the laptop there will be a tiny hole.  It is called a battery reset hole.  There will be a battery symbol right next to the hole.

2. You need to insert a paper clip or small pin gently inside the hole and hold it for    30 seconds.  

3. Plug all the cables back and turn on the computer.

Step 2

Bios Defaults.

1. Turn on the computer and keep on tapping f2.  It will go to bios setup utility

2. Press f9 once on the bios setup screen.   It will show you bios defaults.  Please press yes.

3. Press f10 on the bios setup screen.  It will show you "yes" to save the changes.  Please press yes.

Computer will automatically restart and it will load windows..

Please use the computer and check.   It will be working fine..

If the comments are helpful, please click "like"

If the comments resolves your issue, please click "Yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    Options
    MrsBads said:
    Hi i want to ask what happen on my 2 weeks old acer nitro 5 it randomly having black screen on some parts of the screen and today it went black almost whole of the screen but if i put my cursor on the black screen it will be back again to normal and afterwards going black again i even updated the software once i bought it how to fix this please help!

Please follow the instructions of @Acer-Harvey he is the expert here. Try a battery reset and if it doesn't work contact Support for your region, your computer is far too new to be doing complicated fixes.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Maryjael
    Maryjael Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Good day ! please help me with my problem, my accer nitro 5 is not working it has a black screen with a word accer on its screen and the keyboard are still on, I tried f2 f9 f10, restoring the battery by pressing the pinhole but still the same no changes at all. Please help me if anyone knows how to fix iy. Thank you so much
  • Giovannirodis
    Giovannirodis Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    My Acer nitro 5 has been going on a black screen whenever I open it but when I restart it it goes back to normal what can I do to fix it?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Giovannirodis,

Try to update the display and battery drivers then check.