Aspire ES1-572 keeps freezing. Help?

JessEmm
JessEmm Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Aspire ES1-572 that keeps freezing when playing games. I haven't done anything as far as downloading or updating anything. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Answers

• ralphmckoln
    ralphmckoln Member Posts: 4 New User
    There's several reason why the freezing would be happening when playing games: 
    1 - Thermal issues with CPU;
    2 - Thermal issues with GPU;
    3 - Outdated drivers.

Solutions...
    Try downloading HWinfo to verify your thermals during games, you should see around 40ºC to 45ºC... some times less when it comes to regular temperature, when gaming... around 60º... or even 80º if too close to 100ºC most of the times then you have thermal issues.

If the thermal is what you're facing then:
    If, this is a new computer perhaps would be better for you to return or get a replacement;
    If this is not a new computer and you have some expertise you might want to try to open it and vacuum the coolers in order to remove anything that could be in the way of the ventilation to properly work.

If, you're not facing thermal issues, maybe you could update every thing you need in order to play, by that I mean, GPU drivers, DirectX files...

At last, it is always good to reinstall windows to verify how things go on a fresh new system.