Should my sd slot be smoking

podpodpod
podpodpod Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought a new Acer aspire today and when I want to use my sd card in the Acer slot it smoked and smelt really bad. Is this normal. I have used the sd card several times with out problems.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,915 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, letting the magic smoke out of pretty much anything electronic is a bad thing. Contact Acer support and let them fix it under warranty, and don't put anything else in the SD slot!
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Davidium
    Davidium Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and tell you that your SD slot probably should not be smoking...
  • podpodpod
    Should I be concerned? What should I do about it? It is a brand new laptop. Thanks.
  • mariasouza
    mariasouza Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    podpodpod said:
    I bought a new Acer aspire today and when I want to use my sd card in the Acer slot it smoked and smelt really bad. Is this normal. I have used the sd card several times with out problems.
    Is this the first time this happened or did you have this happening before. Contact Acer support right away. That is probably the best thing to do since there is burning involved. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,915 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, letting the magic smoke out of pretty much anything electronic is a bad thing. Contact Acer support and let them fix it under warranty, and don't put anything else in the SD slot!
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • podpodpod
    Thanks for your help guys. It is only a day old..
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,851 Trailblazer
    >>> Should I be concerned? What should I do about it? It is a brand new laptop. Thanks>>> It is only a day old..>>>

Try to return it to the vendor as defective for a replacement ASAP before the vendor's returns period expires. ACER warranty repair service will take longer. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.