Image on ET430K 4k monitor buckling at the edge!?

Onticom
Onticom Member Posts: 24 Networker
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Apologies but I have no idea how to describe this... The picture should help.

As you can see the edge of the image instead of being a straight vertical line, is wavy and the image gives the appearance of having "come away" from the front of the monitor.

What is this? Is it going to get worse?

Answers

• Onticom

Hi,

I trying to give you few suggestions.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience.   First we need to narrow down the issue.   We need to find out whether it is a hardware or software issue.

Please turn off your computer.   Go to the Bios setup utility by tapping "Del" or "f2" key while turning on the computer. 

Please check the display screen on Bios.    If the image is not looking good in bios,  then please contact the Acer technical support.    Go to support.com.  Chose your country and click on Contact Details

Step 2

I am not able to see the picture on your post.   In case if you have changed any settings by using the menu buttons on monitor,  please go to menu and click on auto adjust settings or go to Display and click on Reset Display settings on the physical monitor. 

Step 3

Try to use an alternative monitor to your computer or else try to use this monitor on a different computer and check it.    By doing this we can determine whether it is a computer issue or monitor issue. 

If the comments are helpful, please click on "Like"
    If the comments resolves your issue, please click on "Yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Onticom
    Onticom Member Posts: 24 Networker
    Right then - time to summon up the energy needed to deal with the awful Acer customer service again.  :/

When you say you cannot see the picture I've posted - why is that? I can see it fine. I used the function you have built into your forum. Have you had any professional curiosity that has driven you to explore the problem you're experiencing further? It'd definitely help you help me.

I've tested everything you've asked and the results are consistent and unchanging.

The instructions you have provided for support.com are incorrect - there is no option to select country - it seems to want me to pay for a support subscription too - there is nothing to suggest that the website is linked with Acer.

The order of your instructions is confused - it mixes self-diagnosis, a trip to support.com then more self-diagnosis.

I have no confidence in light of this.