Acer Aspire 3 - A315 Not Powering On Issue

Options
cyberbaba
cyberbaba Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi All,
            I have an Acer Aspire 3 - A315 that just went dead one day. Acer replaced the motherboard but that did not fix the issue and they have stopped responding to my requests.

I think it is a battery issue as the motherboard is getting power but the battery just does not charge. Tried the battery reset button, un-plugging and re-plugging the battery no luck. 

If I try to power on the laptop the CPU fan spins and the laptop shuts off within 5 seconds. Can I use the laptop without the battery? I un-pluuged the battery and tried to boot but it does not work. 

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank in advance,

Edited the content to hide personal information
Acer-Samuel

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @cyberbaba

Hi,

I am really sorry for the inconvenience you are facing.     To answer your question, you can use the computer without the battery just by connecting your laptop with a charger.   But in your case your computer is not working without the battery.   It clearly means that the issue is not with the battery.    So even if you replace the current battery, still your computer will not work as it is not working without the battery.  So it might be a motherboard issue or it might be a issue with any other component on your laptop. 

We need to first narrow down the issue.   Please remove the battery ( if the battery is removable ) and try to use the computer only with the charger. 

If you are able to turn on the computer without the battery and if your computer works fine without the battery ( just by connecting the charger ) then it is a issue with the battery and you you need to use an alternative battery.   

If you are not able to turn on the computer without the battery then it might be the issue with charger or any other component present inside your computer. 

If the comments are helpful please click on "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue please click on "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• cyberbaba
    Options
    Hi Mohan - Thanks for the very detailed reply. Unfortunately the laptop does not boot without the battery. However the battery is getting power from the charger when checked with a multimeter. The charger is also fine providing the correct voltage. Acer did change the motherboard. Not sure what else to try as you are right there is some component that has failed 
  • Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    reflash the system bios somehow....I know, without the laptop switching on , the only way you can flash it is by visiting the service centre.
    ps: flashing by external eeprom programmer ch341A  is beyond the scope of novices, hence I will not post it here. do your own google search at your risk and responsibility.
    My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • cyberbaba
    Options
    reflash the system bios somehow....I know, without the laptop switching on , the only way you can flash it is by visiting the service centre.
    ps: flashing by external eeprom programmer ch341A  is beyond the scope of novices, hence I will not post it here. do your own google search at your risk and responsibility.
    Thanks for the update. But as you rightly said this will have to done by a Service center. 
  • Kimelboy7
    Kimelboy7 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    cyberbaba said:
    Hi All,
                I have an Acer Aspire 3 - A315 that just went dead one day. Acer replaced the motherboard but that did not fix the issue and they have stopped responding to my requests.

I think it is a battery issue as the motherboard is getting power but the battery just does not charge. Tried the battery reset button, un-plugging and re-plugging the battery no luck. 

If I try to power on the laptop the CPU fan spins and the laptop shuts off within 5 seconds. Can I use the laptop without the battery? I un-pluuged the battery and tried to boot but it does not work. 

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank in advance,

Edited the content to hide personal information
    Acer-Samuel
    i have the same problem, at first i thought it was the battery and bought a new one, and nothing. Got it tested and they told me it's the motherboard, pretty expensive to change.
    I'm just curious,  how did u solve your issue?
    Thanks

• Kimelboy7
    Kimelboy7 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    @cyberbaba

Hi,

I am really sorry for the inconvenience you are facing.     To answer your question, you can use the computer without the battery just by connecting your laptop with a charger.   But in your case your computer is not working without the battery.   It clearly means that the issue is not with the battery.    So even if you replace the current battery, still your computer will not work as it is not working without the battery.  So it might be a motherboard issue or it might be a issue with any other component on your laptop. 

We need to first narrow down the issue.   Please remove the battery ( if the battery is removable ) and try to use the computer only with the charger. 

If you are able to turn on the computer without the battery and if your computer works fine without the battery ( just by connecting the charger ) then it is a issue with the battery and you you need to use an alternative battery.   

If you are not able to turn on the computer without the battery then it might be the issue with charger or any other component present inside your computer. 

If the comments are helpful please click on "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue please click on "yes"

i have the same problem, at first i thought it was the battery and bought a new one, and nothing. Got it tested and they told me it's the motherboard, pretty expensive to change.
    I'm just curious,  how did u solve your issue?
    Thanks