Acer Aspire V5-572G-6679 - Broken laptop screen, but trying to use HDMI and TV to see

M_Doc95
M_Doc95 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey so I broke the screen to my Aspire V5-572G-6679 and I have been trying to connect it to a TV via HDMi to be able to see. I connect it and power on my laptop. The Acer logo shows up on the TV and then the TV goes black. My TV would say "No Signal" if it wasn't reading it, but it just stays black. I have tried the Fn+F5 and I have tried Windows key + P. None of that has helped the TV show my laptop. I NEED SOME HELP!

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    M_Doc95

Hi,

I am not sure how badly the laptop is damaged.   Please try to connect the laptop to a external Desktop Monitor or any other Tv.    Try to swap the ends of hdmi cable.   Try to use an alternative cable and check.    Make sure the input is change to hdmi on tv or monitor.    If you are facing the same issue on any other device then it might be the issue with your laptop.   

If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue , please click on "Yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    M_Doc95 said:
    Hey so I broke the screen to my Aspire V5-572G-6679 and I have been trying to connect it to a TV via HDMi to be able to see. I connect it and power on my laptop. The Acer logo shows up on the TV and then the TV goes black. My TV would say "No Signal" if it wasn't reading it, but it just stays black. I have tried the Fn+F5 and I have tried Windows key + P. None of that has helped the TV show my laptop. I NEED SOME HELP!

You obviously already have the input to your TV setup correctly and your cables are good because you get the ACER logo on the screen. I think this is not related to using the TV as a monitor but is a Laptop system problem, so do this
    When the Acer Logo appears press and hold the power button to shutdown, reboot and repeat 2 more times. On the 3rd time it will boot to a blue screen and select startup options then advanced startup options, select restore my computer to an earlier date and restore to the last date your laptop worked correctly.
    Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★