Acer V3-571 - No Acer splash screen on boot

taimar
taimar Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

When I switch my laptop on the fans come on, but I get no Acer Splash screen and then nothing after that.

According to you tube this is the BIOS, and it needs reflashing. but I cannot find anything relating to my particular model.

All I got from Acer Support was send it in as they do not support flashing the BIOS.

The model is v3-571.

Any advice greatly received.

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    taimar

Hi,

I under stand that you are facing a booting issue on your computer.

Please follow the basic steps..

These are the basic steps that you need to follow.

Power Drain test for laptop.

If your computer is not having the inbuilt battery follow these steps.

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable.

2.  Remove the battery if it is not inbuilt.

3.  Hold the power button for 50 seconds.

4.  Connect all the cables back

5.  Turn on the computer.

Steps to remove the battery.

1.  Turn off the computer.   Remove all the cables and devices including power cable

2.  Turn the laptop upside down.  Flip the laptop.  On the back of laptop there will be a unlock switch.  You need to move the switch to the left or right and then you need to pull the battery door out.   

If your computer is having an inbuilt battery follow these steps.

Power Drain test.

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable. 

Flip the laptop.  On the back of the laptop there will be a tiny hole.  It is called a battery reset hole.  There will be a battery symbol right next to the hole.

2. You need to insert a paper clip or small pin gently inside the hole and hold it for    30 seconds.  

3. Plug all the cables back and turn on the computer.

Step 2

Bios Defaults.

1. Turn on the computer and keep on tapping f2.  It will go to bios setup utility

2. Press f9 once on the bios setup screen.   It will show you bios defaults.  Please press yes.

3. Press f10 on the bios setup screen.  It will show you "yes" to save the changes.  Please press yes.

Computer will automatically restart and it will load windows..

Step 3

If the battery is removable, please try to start the computer with the battery and without the battery.   Please also try to use an alternative adapter and check.   Please connect the power adapter directly to power outlet and try to bypass the surge protector and check.

If the above steps are helpful for you please click "like"

If the above steps resolves your issue please click "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• taimar

I cannot get into the BIOS. I have tried several times with battery removed etc. with no success. I have re-seated ram, changed the CMOS battery and tested the HDD.

• taimar

I have tested using an external monitor also, again, nothing.