Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Aspire 3 315-41 - Power button

arijitarijit Posts: 18Member Troubleshooter
i have a acer aspire 3 315-41 .. i tried to off screen while doing works in back ground...by pressing power button ..but nothing is happening.. my screen wont turn off .. if i kept on pressing it ..laptop powers off.. i tried to set custom behaviour from power plan>chose power button use. but still same..how to turn screen off.while keeping laptop on doing download..on installing games...pls help..

Best Answer

• mohan2018mohan2018 Posts: 244 Practitioner
    Accepted Answer
    @arijit

Kindly follow the details below...

Press and hold the fn key on the bottom row of keyboard and press the function key ( f1 to f12 ) on the top row of keyboard.    It is a toggle key which is used to enable or disable a specific function. 

<Fn> + <F4> Sleep Puts the computer in Sleep mode.

<Fn> + <F5> Display toggle Switches display output between the display screen, external monitor (if connected) and both.

<Fn> + <F6> Display off Turns the display screen back light off to save power.

Press any key to return.

If the comments are helpful please click on "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue please click on "yes"

FAQ & Answers

• mohan2018mohan2018 Posts: 244Member Practitioner
    Accepted Answer
    @arijit

Kindly follow the details below...

Press and hold the fn key on the bottom row of keyboard and press the function key ( f1 to f12 ) on the top row of keyboard.    It is a toggle key which is used to enable or disable a specific function. 

<Fn> + <F4> Sleep Puts the computer in Sleep mode.

<Fn> + <F5> Display toggle Switches display output between the display screen, external monitor (if connected) and both.

<Fn> + <F6> Display off Turns the display screen back light off to save power.

Press any key to return.

If the comments are helpful please click on "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue please click on "yes"