Screen tearing while doing non-demanding things on my computer. predator XB2181HK

CTriggiani
CTriggiani Member Posts: 7 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
Hello I own an acer predator XB2181HK monitor, otherwise known as a LED 28 XB281HK BMIPRZ 1MS 100M:1 3840X2160 300CDM G-SYNC HDMI DP USB 3.0 HUB HGT ADJ ROTATE SPK BLK. The warranty for this product ended on 02/19/2019. But I got this problem 8 months after the warranty ended. The problem I have is that I get a horizontal screen tear while just watching TV on my computer. This screen tearing first occured on 10/13/2019. The only recent hardware change was the addition of a hard drive. Usually I wouldn't bother messaging acer but my brother had a monitor with frequent screen tearing that eventually just died. Since this monitor was expensive I would really like some help before this monitor dies.

Some more info on my computer:
GeForce GTX 1080
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor
16 GB RAM

Answers

• Can you record a video and post it on YouTube?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • CTriggiani
    Here is a video of my screen tearing. I am using Mozilla Firefox if that matters. I have also included a DxDiag if needed.

• Have you tried to decrease the display refresh rate?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • CTriggiani
    I have lowered the screen refresh rate from 60 to 30 then to 29 then after that to 24. None of these setting fixed the screen tearing. I can make another video if a comparison is needed between the refresh rates.
  • CTriggiani
    I am using display port I don't use the HDMI port. Turning off G-Sync did seem to stop the screen tearing during videos though.
  • Would you be able to check if the same problem occurs on another notebook?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CTriggiani
    Could you clarify what you mean be notebook? I have a laptop that I can connect to my monitor to test screen tearing with G-Sync active if that is what you mean.
  • Can you test the monitor on another laptop?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CTriggiani
    i tested the monitor on my laptop but it doesn't have a display port like my desktop so I had to use HDMI. When I tested it there was no screen tearing.
  • Just to rule out the possibility of being a problem in windows, have you tried reinstalling the operating system?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CTriggiani
    No I have not tried reinstalling the operating system. Should I?
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer