Nitro 5 an515-42-r13b (nh.q3rer.025) (Ryzen 2500, RX 560X) Micro-stutters (mostly audio).

sOuller
sOuller Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi Guys,

Some background:
Purchased this laptop at the beginning of this month, added 2 Kingston 8G 2400 Mz ram sticks, installed windows 10 LTSC. I knew about some driver issues so I tried to install everything according to guides, from this site and some other communities. 

Then I've bought WD Blue 500GB SSD and copied my Windows to it. I had some issues with drivers still(Sometimes in Dota2 even in the menu had 40 fps, even though after checking nitro sense my RX 560 was working). found some more things, how to unpark CPU and how to make laptop switch between GPUs properly. 

It looked like I'm moving in the right direction, everything was loading fast and after a few single-player runs in Bioshock Infinite(Ultra settings) I've started noticing some "Sound cracks" or Micro-stutters. When it happens it usually freezes my gameplay for half a second or less and sound distorts for a half a second or a second too. It's not that it freezes, sound and framerate is mostly fine but it stills feels like I'm having micro fps drops or something else. I've already uninstalled DolbyAudio, Turned off all effects in Audio Settings and corrected some more settings according to something that I've found online. I Also Uninstalled Realtek Audio Driver from Acer site and updated from Device Manager, the issue persists. I'm starting to thing Audio might be not the main cause of the problem.

It's hard to explain to me and use the most precise words as English is not my native language, specs below:
  Model: Nitro 5 an515-42-r13b (nh.q3rer.025) 
  Bios:     V1.16
  Windows 10 LTSC
  AMD DRIVER - 19.10.1
  Everything else updated by Windows Updater and ACER website only. Let me know if you need anything else.

I've dug some more and found out about DPC Latency check look at the screenshot below, any ideas on what driver could be causing this problem? Any other software that could help me find the issue?

Looking for any help guys, share ideas. If someone had something simmilar, please share what you did. Thank you all so much In advance.

Answers

• sOuller

Tinkerer

edited October 2019
    Can't edit Topic:

This issue not only while gaming but when switching beween Explorer and chrome and other apps/tabs.

I've also installed all drivers from acer page, so lets say if theres Bluetooth Driver and Bluetooth Driver (NFA344A Liteon) i've istalled them all, could it be part of the problem? and witch one do i really need then?

• sOuller

Tinkerer

Adittional Infromation,

When i tried to instlal amd software - 19.10.1 after i clicked to unstall in the settings nothing happened. So i've dowload this build trough amd website. When installing i chose CLEAN INSTALL. Was it fine to do or?
  • sOuller

Tinkerer

edited October 2019
    Additional* lol.

This is how my Nitro sense looks while playing. KInda weird that it doesnt show how loaded my GPU is. I can see it working in Task Manager though.
  • sOuller

Tinkerer

edited October 2019
    Bumping for the bois from both Americas
  • sOuller

Tinkerer

Bump bump bump
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Are you launching your games through the AMD control Center under the gaming tab?

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• sOuller

Tinkerer

edited October 2019
    andylb said:
    Are you launching your games through the AMD control Center under the gaming tab?
    It happens even outside games so it doesn't matter I suppose. I do both ways, if i see game lagging i do it tru amd but it mostly works fine for me without it.

I'm really curious what this issue is, i hope im going to be able to record it.
  • sOuller

Tinkerer

edited October 2019
    bump bump bump, cmon bois someone had to have a simmilar problem
  • sOuller

Tinkerer

cmon guys its the only active community of acer, I NEED HALP PLES
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    sOuller said:
    cmon guys its the only active community of acer, I NEED HALP PLES

I understand that you want answers but from the silence I don't think anybody has one, sorry. You are under warranty so I would contact Acer support for your region 
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/#_ga=2.178343012.1565315166.1568641242-218381942.1567545004

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★