Acer Veriton M275 - ASUS USB BT400 INSTALLS BUT CAN FIND ANY DEVICES

Options
leerollo
leerollo Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I'm on my 3rd usb dongle ( ASUS ) and racking my brain as to why there are no issues with the install but can't find any devices.  I installed it another pc with the same OS and they all worked fine.  Have spent a week with ASUS tech support and we went through every possible troubleshooting process to no avail.  I'm at the point where I need to format and reinstall windows.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, Lee

PC Details

Computer

Acer Veriton M275

• System ManufacturerAcer
  • System ModelVeriton M275
  • System TypeDesktop
  • Motherboard ManufacturerAcer
  • Motherboard ProductVeriton M275
  • BIOS VersionDefault System BIOS
  • SMBIOS Version2.6

Operating System

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (32-bit)

• OS Build6.1.7601
  • LocaleEnglish (United States)
  • Windows DirectoryC:\Windows
  • System DirectoryC:\Windows\system32
  • .NET Framework Versions2.0.50727.5420, 3.0.30729.5420, 3.5.30729.5420, 4.0.0.0, 4.8.03761
  • Default Internet BrowserInternet Explorer 11.0.9600.19507
  • Installed Internet BrowsersMozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.19507

Processor

Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz

• ManufacturerGenuineIntel
  • Descriptionx64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
  • Architecturex64
  • # of Cores2
  • Processor Base Frequency3203 MHz
  • Current Voltage1.9
  • Level 2 Cache2048 Kb
  • Level 3 Cache0 Kb
  • Processor Id0x1067A
  • Revision5898
  • AvailabilityRunning at full power

Best Answer

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    leerollo

Hi,

If you are at the point to reinstall windows,

There are different ways of doing recovery.

Please remember if you do a recovery everything on the computer will be wiped out and it will become a brand new computer.

Method 1

Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely.
    Press the Power key to turn on the computer.
    Press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. ...
    Select Troubleshoot.
    Click Reset your PC. This process will erase all data on the your system.   You will see "keep my files" and  "Remove everything"
    Choose the Refresh your PC option or "keep my files" if you want to restore your system and retain your data.  There will be an application loss if you chose "keep my files" option.
    chose " remove everything " and click on "Just remove my files" 
    Click Reset to begin the recovery.
    If the "just remove my files" option is not working you can try "fully clean the drive"

Method 2

If you are able to boot the windows 

click on start, settings, update and recovery, recovery, reset this pc

It will show you "keep my files " and "remove everything" to continue with the recovery process

Method 3

You can start the recovery process using the recovery media which is designed for your computer.

It might be a set of cds or recovery flash drive which you can get it from Acer store.

Method 4

You can download the windows 10 to a blank usb flash drive using a different computer.    After downloading the windows 10 to the flash drive you can connect the flash drive to non working computer and start the recovery process.

However before doing the recovery process I am suggesting you the following steps..

Bluetooth not detecting devices

1] Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter

The built-in Hardware Troubleshooter scans for issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer is installed correctly or not. To run the troubleshooter, do the following:

• Press the ‘Windows + W’ key.
    • Type troubleshooter in the search box and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
    • Click hardware and sound and run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

If Bluetooth is not detecting devices

2] Restart Bluetooth Support Service

You may want to check if the related Services are started and running smoothly. To do this, press Windows key + R, type services.msc. Next, right click on Bluetooth Support service and select Restart.

Bluetooth devices not showing

Right click on Bluetooth support service and select Properties and ensure that the startup type is Automatic.

Startup type automatic

The Bluetooth service supports discovery and association of remote Bluetooth devices.  Stopping or disabling this service may cause already installed Bluetooth devices to fail to operate properly and prevent new devices from being discovered or associated.

3] Enable the Bluetooth Audio Service

Verify whether the settings for the Bluetooth speaker given below is enabled by default or not. If not, enable it and check if it solves the issue. Follow the steps to enable the Bluetooth Audio Service.

Press Win+X key together and select Control Panel from the list. Select Devices and Printers.

In Devices and Printers, locate the Bluetooth speaker device and right click on the device. Click on Properties and navigate to Services tab.

Select Audio SinkHands-free Telephony, and Remote Control and click on Apply.

services

4] Update Bluetooth Device Driver

To do this, you can use the Device Manager.

Press Win+R, type devmgmt.msc to open the Device Manager. Expand Bluetooth.

bluetooth

Click on Properties, click on Driver tab.

Click Update Drivers button.

update driver

Click on OK button.

Uninstall the Bluetooth adapter in Device Manager

If you don't see the Bluetooth icon, but Bluetooth does appear in Device Manager, try uninstalling the Bluetooth adapter, shutting down your PC, and triggering an automatic driver reinstall:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.
    2. In Device Manager, select Bluetooth. Press and hold (or right-click) the Bluetooth adapter name (which may include the word “radio”), and select Uninstall device.
    3. Select the Start  button, then select Power  > Shut down.
    4. After your device shuts down, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Windows will try to reinstall the driver. 
    5. If Windows doesn't reinstall the driver automatically, open Device Manager and select Action > Scan for hardware changes. 

If the comments are helpful please click on "like"

If the comments resolved your issue please click on "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    leerollo

Hi,

If you are at the point to reinstall windows,

There are different ways of doing recovery.

Please remember if you do a recovery everything on the computer will be wiped out and it will become a brand new computer.

Method 1

Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely.
    Press the Power key to turn on the computer.
    Press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. ...
    Select Troubleshoot.
    Click Reset your PC. This process will erase all data on the your system.   You will see "keep my files" and  "Remove everything"
    Choose the Refresh your PC option or "keep my files" if you want to restore your system and retain your data.  There will be an application loss if you chose "keep my files" option.
    chose " remove everything " and click on "Just remove my files" 
    Click Reset to begin the recovery.
    If the "just remove my files" option is not working you can try "fully clean the drive"

Method 2

If you are able to boot the windows 

click on start, settings, update and recovery, recovery, reset this pc

It will show you "keep my files " and "remove everything" to continue with the recovery process

Method 3

You can start the recovery process using the recovery media which is designed for your computer.

It might be a set of cds or recovery flash drive which you can get it from Acer store.

Method 4

You can download the windows 10 to a blank usb flash drive using a different computer.    After downloading the windows 10 to the flash drive you can connect the flash drive to non working computer and start the recovery process.

However before doing the recovery process I am suggesting you the following steps..

Bluetooth not detecting devices

1] Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter

The built-in Hardware Troubleshooter scans for issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer is installed correctly or not. To run the troubleshooter, do the following:

• Press the ‘Windows + W’ key.
    • Type troubleshooter in the search box and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
    • Click hardware and sound and run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

If Bluetooth is not detecting devices

2] Restart Bluetooth Support Service

You may want to check if the related Services are started and running smoothly. To do this, press Windows key + R, type services.msc. Next, right click on Bluetooth Support service and select Restart.

Bluetooth devices not showing

Right click on Bluetooth support service and select Properties and ensure that the startup type is Automatic.

Startup type automatic

The Bluetooth service supports discovery and association of remote Bluetooth devices.  Stopping or disabling this service may cause already installed Bluetooth devices to fail to operate properly and prevent new devices from being discovered or associated.

3] Enable the Bluetooth Audio Service

Verify whether the settings for the Bluetooth speaker given below is enabled by default or not. If not, enable it and check if it solves the issue. Follow the steps to enable the Bluetooth Audio Service.

Press Win+X key together and select Control Panel from the list. Select Devices and Printers.

In Devices and Printers, locate the Bluetooth speaker device and right click on the device. Click on Properties and navigate to Services tab.

Select Audio SinkHands-free Telephony, and Remote Control and click on Apply.

services

4] Update Bluetooth Device Driver

To do this, you can use the Device Manager.

Press Win+R, type devmgmt.msc to open the Device Manager. Expand Bluetooth.

bluetooth

Click on Properties, click on Driver tab.

Click Update Drivers button.

update driver

Click on OK button.

Uninstall the Bluetooth adapter in Device Manager

If you don't see the Bluetooth icon, but Bluetooth does appear in Device Manager, try uninstalling the Bluetooth adapter, shutting down your PC, and triggering an automatic driver reinstall:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.
    2. In Device Manager, select Bluetooth. Press and hold (or right-click) the Bluetooth adapter name (which may include the word “radio”), and select Uninstall device.
    3. Select the Start  button, then select Power  > Shut down.
    4. After your device shuts down, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Windows will try to reinstall the driver. 
    5. If Windows doesn't reinstall the driver automatically, open Device Manager and select Action > Scan for hardware changes. 

If the comments are helpful please click on "like"

If the comments resolved your issue please click on "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• leerollo
    leerollo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks so much for your help but I installed a new hard drive yesterday and the bluetooth device is working perfect now.