Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Touch pad not working after Windows pro update

AswinarunAswinarun Posts: 4Member New User
I've updated my Nitro 5 (ryzen 5) from windows 10 home to pro version.but after the update and installing all the driver from the Acer site the touch pad isn't working.ive checked the bios but there it doesn't shows any option for touch pad.touch pad not listed on device manager option.what should i do ??

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,087ACE Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Human Interface devices, expand Mice and other pointing devices, post the snip like mine. Go to BIOS, move to Main tab and see whether the Touchpad is in Basic mode.

Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
  • AswinarunAswinarun Posts: 4Member New User
    edited October 12
    @brummyfan2

Im currently not home ,so apologies for not sending the snaps.
    Actually when i checked these before ,

In Device manager it didn't show I2C HID device and Synaptic HID device in HID options and in mice and pointer device option it showed as same as you've shown.

In main settings inside Bios there was nothing like a touchpad option

edited October 12
    OK, when you can please right click HID-compliant mouse, select Properties, go to Details tab, click Hardware Ids and post the snip, also post the actual laptop model name, like AN515-xx.

Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.

@brummyfan2 here it is.
    Could you please post the model name of the laptop.
    @brummyfan2
    acer nitro 5 An 515 43
    Part num:UN.Q5XSI.001
    I can not work out whether your laptop using Synaptics or Elan drivers for your HID-compliant mouse, we need to establish before trying to install appropriate driver, so I would suggest you to expand Human Interface device and try to find it's stated either Syna or Elan in any of the devices in Details tab.
    Please use Snipping tool to post any pictures, the camera pictures are not easy to read.