Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51 - Installing Linux and Removing Windows

rockysharmarockysharma Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2019 in Predator Laptops
I am planning to remove windows OS and install Linux OS. Is it possible in Acer Helios 300 Model number- PH315-51?

I don't see any Acer apps for Linux in https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/drivers

Has anyone here done before?

Also does Acer support Linux for their apps like - Acer PredatorSense?

Thanks

Best Answer

• GawainGawain Posts: 286 Practitioner
    edited October 2019 Accepted Answer
    just to be doubly certain - when you' have live booted linux from a usb stick, test things like wi-fi/bluetooth/sound etc before installing.    The gtx drivers will need to be manually installed after installation.

FAQ & Answers

• AlpineTomAlpineTom Member Posts: 58 Devotee
    Installing Linux is no problem at all. I'm running Manjaro on my PH317-52, and everything works perfectly.

Acer apps are largely pointless except for PredatorSense, and even then only if you want to manually adjust fan speeds. However, I've noticed that Linux -- or at least Manjaro -- is more aggressive than Windows and spins up the fans sooner, so there isn't much if any use for PredatorSense.
  • GawainGawain Member Posts: 286 Practitioner
    edited October 2019 Accepted Answer
    just to be doubly certain - when you' have live booted linux from a usb stick, test things like wi-fi/bluetooth/sound etc before installing.    The gtx drivers will need to be manually installed after installation.
  • adepeteradepeter Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

AlpineTom said:
    Installing Linux is no problem at all. I'm running Manjaro on my PH317-52, and everything works perfectly.

Acer apps are largely pointless except for PredatorSense, and even then only if you want to manually adjust fan speeds. However, I've noticed that Linux -- or at least Manjaro -- is more aggressive than Windows and spins up the fans sooner, so there isn't much if any use for PredatorSense.
    Can you please drop a step by step tutorial on how you dual booted manjaro on ya helios 300 without breaking the machine