Acer nitro 5 2019 wont turn on after Windows update

Julianmh
Julianmh Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hey, i have an acer nitro 5 2019. Its around 1 month since my purchase and the pc has been great. Yesterday i turned off my computer with an Windows update. When i tryed to turn it on today it was stuck on the acer loading screen. I have never since got it to turn back into Windows 

Answers

• Rade97
    Rade97 Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Hai @Julianmh
    You can try with powerdrain and bios default in your computer
    For doing a power drain, follow the below steps:
    1. Turn off the Laptop
    2. Unplug all the cables from the Laptop
    3. Take out the Laptop battery
    4. Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release it to drain the flea power (static charge.)
    5. Reconnect all cables back again and turn on the laptop
    If the laptop has inbuilt battery,
         1.Turn off the laptop
         2.Unplug all the cables from the laptop
         3.On the backside of the laptop you can find a small pin hole, insert a paperclip into the pinhole, press and hold it for 30 seconds.
         4.Reconnect all the cables back again and turn on the laptop
    For doing a bios default follow the below steps:
          1.Turn off the computer.
          2.After you turn on the computer, keep tapping F2 button
          3.Once you enter bios default screen, press F9 and highlight yes and give enter to load default settings
          4. Then press F10, highlight yes and give enter to save and restart the computer
    The above steps have a chance to fix the problem. Good luck
    Click accept if the comments seems to be useful.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    Julianmh said:
    Hey, i have an acer nitro 5 2019. Its around 1 month since my purchase and the pc has been great. Yesterday i turned off my computer with an Windows update. When i tryed to turn it on today it was stuck on the acer loading screen. I have never since got it to turn back into Windows 

This sounds like a windows update problem which a battery reset is unlikely to fix, instead try to restore to an earlier date when Windows worked. 

1. During the startup, when the Windows  or Acer logo appears, press and hold the Power button until the PC shuts down.
    2. Power on the PC and repeat the procedure 3 times. ...
    3. Choose advanced startup options
    4. Select Advanced Options and then Startup settings.
    5. Choose Restore my computer to an earlier point

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• matFPVdoesPC
    matFPVdoesPC Member Posts: 1 New User
    Rade97 said:
    Hai @Julianmh
    You can try with powerdrain and bios default in your computer
    For doing a power drain, follow the below steps:
    1. Turn off the Laptop
    2. Unplug all the cables from the Laptop
    3. Take out the Laptop battery
    4. Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release it to drain the flea power (static charge.)
    5. Reconnect all cables back again and turn on the laptop
    If the laptop has inbuilt battery,
         1.Turn off the laptop
         2.Unplug all the cables from the laptop
         3.On the backside of the laptop you can find a small pin hole, insert a paperclip into the pinhole, press and hold it for 30 seconds.
         4.Reconnect all the cables back again and turn on the laptop
    For doing a bios default follow the below steps:
          1.Turn off the computer.
          2.After you turn on the computer, keep tapping F2 button
          3.Once you enter bios default screen, press F9 and highlight yes and give enter to load default settings
          4. Then press F10, highlight yes and give enter to save and restart the computer
    The above steps have a chance to fix the problem. Good luck
    Click accept if the comments seems to be useful.
    Thanks for the help man. You saved my butt. I have to do school in quarantine and my PC is my only good connection to school work. My parents would've been reel mad. BTW it is the second time this happened and it was you both times.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Thanks for the help man. You saved my butt. I have to do school in quarantine and my PC is my only good connection to school work. My parents would've been reel mad. BTW it is the second time this happened and it was you both times.
    For heaven's sake... please do the following:
    1. Set up windows update to NOT update drivers and BIOS.
    2. Set up windows to not install updates as soon as they release - set up 30 day wait for normal updates and 180 day for feature updates.
    3. Set up windows drive image every month, and make sure to run it before any feature update. There are many such software available, I personally use Macrium.
    4. Since you say you are in school, I would suggest moving your my documents folders to a folder outside of windows drive (onto a non windows drive).
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045