Packard Bell Easy Note SB89

Alaincoleo
Alaincoleo Member Posts: 9 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
Facing a problem with a Packard Bell Easy Note SB89 I'd to find the different drivers to reinstall the system, as it boot with a flashing cursor on a black window and nothing else. ho I did not keep the recovery DVD and I know that OEM recovery partition is still on it. How to recover it or reinstall the system ?How to find the recovery DVD ? How to boot to recovery partition ? I already called the support and they said model is too old and they haven't the drivers anymore. I have a Asus laptop and I still can find the drivers and applications on their website. thank for anynone giving me a solution it is for an association and as you know we not a lot of money to buy a new laptop.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,276 Trailblazer
    Hello,
    Have you tried to press [Alt]+[F10] at startup and when the PB logo is displayed?
    France
  • Alaincoleo
    Thx for the helpand yes already done but cursor is flashing on a black window. I've been waiting around 30 minutes to see if there is some activities on the hard drive but not even a message or a process of recovery. That is why I'd like to boot from the recovery partition still there.
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,276 Trailblazer
    Hello,
    Did you check if D2D (Disk-To-Disk) is enabled in the bios setup utility?
    France
  • Alaincoleo
    I checked after your post and this option doesn't exist
  • Alaincoleo
    Any help please
  • Alaincoleo
    I thought I could get help since packard bell was bought by Acer. I must say that Acer's phone support is as pitiful as that of Asus. Yet I bought this equipment a fortune at the time for one of my children. This is of no interest to anyone before and the answers I get are: Drivers and CD's of restorations are no longer available on our database. How is it possible? I acquired a motherboard several years ago and the drivers are always available at the manufacturer. Thank you.