Battery stuck at 86% Aspire 3

CheloTalosig
CheloTalosig Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2020 in Aspire Laptops
I bought Aspire 3 just a year ago and now, the laptop won't switch on unless I plug it in. Also, it shuts off suddenly. And the battery was stuck at 86%. it won't go up to full charge. What should I do?

Answers

• @Chelo Talosig

Hi

Kindly follow the steps below

These are the basic steps that you need to follow.

Power Drain test for laptop.

If your computer is not having the inbuilt battery follow these steps.

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable.

2.  Remove the battery if it is not inbuilt.

3.  Hold the power button for 50 seconds.

4.  Connect all the cables back

5.  Turn on the computer.

Steps to remove the battery.

1.  Turn off the computer.   Remove all the cables and devices including power cable

2.  Turn the laptop upside down.  Flip the laptop.  On the back of laptop there will be a unlock switch.  You need to move the switch to the left or right and then you need to pull the battery door out.   

If your computer is having an inbuilt battery follow these steps.

Power Drain test.

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable. 

Flip the laptop.  On the back of the laptop there will be a tiny hole.  It is called a battery reset hole.  There will be a battery symbol right next to the hole.

2. You need to insert a paper clip or small pin gently inside the hole and hold it for    30 seconds.  

3. Plug all the cables back and turn on the computer.

Step 2

Bios Defaults.

1. Turn on the computer and keep on tapping f2.  It will go to bios setup utility

2. Press f9 once on the bios setup screen.   It will show you bios defaults.  Please press yes.

3. Press f10 on the bios setup screen.  It will show you "yes" to save the changes.  Please press yes.

Computer will automatically restart and it will load windows..

If the above steps are not helping you to resolve the issue, please follow the steps below

Step 1

Run Power Troubleshooter
    Sometimes you can fix this problem simply by running the power troubleshooter. To run the power troubleshooter, you need to do the following:

1. Press Windows Key + S and enter troubleshoot. Select Troubleshoot from the menu.

2. Choose Power from the right pane and click Run the troubleshooter button

Now follow the instructions on the screen.
    Once the troubleshooter is finished, check if the problem is resolved.

Step 2

Update Battery Driver
    It might be the case that you need to update your battery driver. Reinstalling the battery driver will usually fix batteries that aren’t recharging. You can do that as follows.

Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu. Now choose Device Manager from the list.

Now click Batteries in the Device Manager window.
    Next, you should right-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall from the context menu.

Click Uninstall to confirm

Click Action and then select Scan for hardware changes from there.
    Select Batteries and right-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery again. Select the Update Driver Software option from the context menu.

A window opens from which you should select Search automatically for updated driver software. Windows will then find suitable battery drivers for you.

If you are not able to see Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery available in their list of devices.

If that’s so, be sure to uninstall the device in your Battery section in Device Manager and reinstall its drivers.

Step 3

If the battery is removable,

Removing and reinserting the battery could feasibly get it charging again. So switch off the laptop and remove the battery by sliding the battery release latch. Reinsert the battery after about five minutes and then restart Windows.

If the above steps are helpful for you please click "like"

If the above steps resolves your issue please click "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• CheloTalosig
    CheloTalosig Member Posts: 2 New User
    I did all of this and still shut off
  • Lemonlunch
    Lemonlunch Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Found any fix yet? I have exactly the same issue. 86% random crash and cannot turn on without charger. Basically the laptoo is useless. Tsk
  • xaller
    xaller Member Posts: 1 New User
    Any update on this? I have exatrly same issue. Also, I have noticed that laptop crashes mostly at around 50 percent, but today it crashed at 80. I thought my battery is dead, but now I am not sure because other people have same problem with same percentage
  • biiiiiiiiig2
    biiiiiiiiig2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    hh me too this lap sucks

• NITY
    NITY Member Posts: 1 New User
    for me, I check the care center whether my battery gg already or not and then I juz switch off my laptop and let it charge for 3 hrs ...after that, start ur windows without plugging in the charger. and it works. I guess Acer power identification is dumb
  • XavierB
    XavierB Member Posts: 2 New User
    Mine is stuck at 27%, i want to try the holding the pin at the whole but it's to risky. it might won't turn on, i want to use my laptop fmagain but it's too risky.
  • XavierB
    XavierB Member Posts: 2 New User
    Any updates guys??
  • alexroberto11
    alexroberto11 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Any report on this? I have exatrly same issue. Likewise, I have seen that PC crashes generally at around 50%, yet today it smashed at 80. I thought my battery is dead, however now I don't know in light of the fact that others have same issue with same rate