Acer Nitro 5 (AN 515-54-55NA) Fan speed problem?

Options
Vinderlan
Vinderlan Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Good morning
A week ago I bought an Acer Nitro 5 laptop (i5-9300h GTX1650)
Unfortunately, I noticed that the cooling system probably does not work as it should.

My friend  and people on the internet  cooling fans have the same speed, while for me the GPU fan is always less by 150-340 RPM than CPU fan.

I also noticed that my   COOLING FANs reach lower maximum speeds than others

For ALL users  CPU FAN speed  it is max 6000/6122, GPU 6000/6122

However, my CPU is max 6000 and some times only 5882, GPU only 5660 and sometimes increases to 5769 temporarily and drops to 5660.

I also noticed that in idle processor sometimes heats above 65 degrees,
Is everything OK? I have the impression that probably everything is not right with the cooling system.

Screenshots below

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I don't see any problem here. My fan speeds rarely go above 5280 and most off the time they are at different speeds, GPU is always cooler than the processor so Nitrosense will run the fans at the correct speed.You mentioned 65 deg at idle but that doesn't take into account background processes.
    Your screenshots look within specs so stop worrying and enjoy your laptop.
    If I answered your question please click YES, thank you

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• Vinderlan

Tinkerer

Options
    I will add that I updated the bios and drivers, reinstalled Nitrosense ( last version), but it did not help
  • Vinderlan

Tinkerer

Options
    can anyone help ?
  • andylb
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I don't see any problem here. My fan speeds rarely go above 5280 and most off the time they are at different speeds, GPU is always cooler than the processor so Nitrosense will run the fans at the correct speed.You mentioned 65 deg at idle but that doesn't take into account background processes.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    Options
    I would take a look at your background processes though, seems like you have quite a few things running. Take a look at your startup programs and disable any programs that you don't need when windows boots

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Vinderlan

Tinkerer

Options
    andylb said:
    I would take a look at your background processes though, seems like you have quite a few things running. Take a look at your startup programs and disable any programs that you don't need when windows boots
    thanks for answering

processes, startup launch:

• DeadShot
    DeadShot Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Options
    andylb said:
    this did not answer the question. His situation is similiar to mine. My GPU fan speed is unable to spin at 6122RPM anymore like it used when set to max. Is this a fan problem or bearing? Do i need to lubricate the fan bearing?