Scroll gesture not working on Aspire E15 ,Windows 7. Synaptics installed .

parveenkumar
parveenkumar Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
I've also set the touchpad mode as advanced in BIOS setting and Boot mode is legacy . Also installed synaptics drivers . 

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019

Hi

Please follow the steps below..

Step 1

Enable two-finger scrolling
    Your touchpad may not respond to any scrolling on it, if the two-finger scrolling feature is disabled on your computer. You can follow these steps to enable two-finger scrolling:
    At Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound > Mouse.
    Click the Device Settings tab. (Note: the Device Settings tab only appears when the touchpad driver is installed.)
    Expand MultiFinger Gestures, and select the Two-Finger Scrolling box.
    Click Apply.
    Check if your touchpad now works properly.

Step 2

Enable your touchpad

If your touchpad isn’t working at all, it may be disabled. You can connect an external mouse to your computer, and follow these steps to enable your touchpad:
    On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
    Type control and press Enter to go to Control Panel.
    In the view of Category, click Hardware and Sound
    Under Devices and Printers, click Mouse.
    Select the last tab. (The last tab is usually for touchpad configuration if you have a touchpad. And its name varies with different models of computer.) Then you can select a checkbox or click a button to enable your touchpad.
    Select the line below devices
    click on Enable

Step 3

Re-enable your touchpad
    Your laptop touchpad may have been accidentally disabled. You need to re-enable your touchpad to be able to use it.
    To re-enable your touchpad:
    On your laptop keyboard, press the Fn key and the F6 or F7 key (the function key with a touchpad icon on it) at the same time.
    If it is not working simply press only the f6 or f7 key to enable the touchpad.

Step 4

Driver Reintallation.
    Right-click your computer in the start menu, then click "Properties." You'll see a "Device Manager" button in the left sidebar.
    Find your touchpad mouse here, then right-click it. Click "Uninstall" to remove the current drivers. Restart your computer and Windows should take care of the rest!

If the comments are helpful please click "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue please click "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★