Why does my laptop Acer Aspire E5-576 keep restarting by itself

Options
CrimsonKnight
CrimsonKnight Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
So I have the Acer Aspire E5-576 and ever since I wanted to upgrade the ram from 6 to 8 but the 4GB I had was incompatible and my laptop wouldn't boot so I went back to the regular 6 and I experience glitches in my laptop, when I'm gaming or in fact doing anything on my laptop on around 30% and below it would glitch cut off and come back on. And then it would happen again and again. And when it reaches like 15% it would shutdown for good when I turn it back on it would show Acer but stick there and my screen just shows pixels whenever it crashes or when it boots up. But when its charging its normal nothing happens but my performance goes down, is there anyway to fix this or do I have to carry it into repair. I still have my warranty. And thanks

Answers

• Ishy
    Ishy Member Posts: 143 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi, @CrimsonKnight;Try to do battery reset. Follow the steps below:
    1) Unplug power cable from device.
    2) Close the lid if open then flip it upside down. 
    3) Find small symbol for battery and next to it there should be a small pin hole. 
    4) Use a paperclip or something smaller to press and hold for 10-15 seconds.
    5) Then turn on the device and test if it shuts down at 15% 

Also check if there are any other programs running in the background. This might be causing issues when playing games. 

Also try to reinstall the display adapters in device manager.