Predator X27 - some white "flickering"?

RLacey
RLacey Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

I'm afraid I have no idea whether this is a software or a hardware issue, though I'm increasingly leaning towards the former and was wondering if this was a known thing.

Essentially, my problem is this: When running some programs, I experience white spots/lines appearing on the screen, seemingly at random. I've attached a video to this post, because I have great difficulty describing them well. Feel free to mute it; I should have done that when I uploaded it!

Hardware-wise, I'm using a Geforce GTX 1080, and the driver version is 436.51. Geforce Experience is installed, and the overlay is not disabled. I'm running Windows 10 (v10.0.18362 Build 18362, fully updated), and all my other drivers and firmware have been updated. My monitor is an Acer Predator X27.

Now, strangely, if I turn GSYNC *off* for Spotify (the application that the video shows, though it is also affecting at least one other application), the issue seems to resolve completely. I also seem to be able to fix it by turning off hardware acceleration in Spotify.

I'm curious to know whether this is a software or a hardware problem - could it be a driver issue, or is it an issue with the GSYNC module in the monitor or the graphics card? The monitor is still under warranty, but I don't really want to return it if there's nothing wrong with it... Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks.

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    RLacey

Hi,

There is a simple way to check whether you are facing any hardware issue on your monitor.    Turn off the computer.   Tap del ( if it is connected to Desktop - f2 - it is connected to laptop ) and please go to Bios setup.  

Stay there on the same screen for 10 mins.   Check the display screen.    If the monitor screen looks good on the Bios setup screen then it is not a hardware issue.   It might be the issue with the operating system of your computer.   You might have to reinstall the display drivers. 

Step 2

Try to use this monitor on a different computer and check it.   If your monitor works fine on a different computer then it is not a monitor issue. 

If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue please click on "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★