My Acer Swift 3 SF314-54G got Random BSOD after windows update

rizalsr18
rizalsr18 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello everyone

I recently updated my laptop from Windows 10 1803 to 1903 and after that, I got a random BSOD like DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR. can somebody help me with this issue ?.

My Specs
intel core i5 8250u
nvidia geforce MX150
RAM 8 GB
250 GB Nvme ssd

Thank you 

Answers

• @rizalsr18

Hi,

Kindly go through the details listed below...

The Driver Power State Failure occurs when an incompatible driver is present on any of your system hardware. Most often restarting the system will resolve the error.

Whenever you face Windows 10 BSOD error, the first thing you should remove all external devices connected to your computer and restart windows. This should fix the issue if any hardware device driver conflict causing the issue.

How To Fix Video_Dxgkrnl_Fatal_Error

Check for outdated Video Driver
    As discussed before this blue screen of death error could be caused by outdated or incompatible graphics or display card driver. And update or reinstall the graphics card driver with the latest version most probably fix the problem.

Step 1

Open Device manager by press win + R, Type Devmgtmt.msc and hit the enter key.
    Expand display adapter, right click on display driver and select uninstall,
    click yes when ask for confirmation, and restart windows.

Step 2

If the above steps are not working then please try the following steps..

Update Driver
    Press Windows + x select Device manager,
    This will display all installed driver list,
    look for Display adapters expand it
    right click on your installed graphics driver Select Update driver
    Next, select Search Automatically for updated driver option and click next to let windows find and install the best available driver software.
    This will Check for the latest available driver if found download and install it for you itself.
    Simply Restart windows and check, Problem solved.

If the above steps are helpful kind click "like"
    If the above steps resolves your issue click "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• rizalsr18
    @mohan2018
    Thank you for your reply. I will try your solution with my own.
  • rizalsr18
    @mohan2018

I already follow your solution and now I got BSOD code DRIVER_POWER_STATE _FAILURE 2 times.
  • rizalsr18
    @mohan2018

I already install the latest version driver of Nvidia and intel but BSOD still occurs. Now my laptop BSOD 4 times just an hour with the same BSOD stop code as I said before.

*sorry for my bad English
  • rizalsr18
    can somebody help me with this issue?
  • gladw2
    gladw2 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited October 2019

I am still experiencing the same problem on the same laptop listed above. The only way to use this laptop is by staying on Windows 10 1803. 1809 and 1903 are causing a continuous BSOD error. I have tried all old and new drivers, and despite this the nvidia mx150 continues to give the VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR. Microsoft support blames nvidia and nvidia support explains that they do not support these oem chips directly. The only option I am left with is by disabling the nvidia card in device manager. Can anyone provide support, or have the above issue forwarded to acer directly for further assistance. Could this be a simple BIOS update, or has Microsoft changed somthing in how the GPUs work in the newer Windows 10 that could be causing all of this? Thanks

• rizalsr18
    @gladw2
    I think for now downgrading to Windows 10 1803 is the best solution you can do.  I already downgraded to Windows 10 1803 and my laptop working perfectly without any BSOD error.
  • gamerbro
    gamerbro Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited January 2020
    I think its a main board issue which is a design fault. SO i strongly recommend users having warranty to get the main board replaced free of charge! For other visit this forum.In this forum, you can find a user named "Jhonny BG" found a working solution(scroll to the bottom of page).