Predator XB271HU Power and OSD Buttons Unresponsive + Nothing displayed apart from black

Mark_Cardiff
Mark_Cardiff Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
Hi,

I bought two XB271HU monitors back in June 2016 which are now out of warranty.  One of these has developed a fault whereby nothing is displayed on the screen, the power light is stuck blue and does not turn to orange under any circumstances.  The menu buttons are also unresponsive.  To say I'm angry would be an understatement!!  I expected more than 3.5 yrs from a ~£600 monitor!!!

The online chat service was very slow and frustrating, but I was eventually told that I'd have to pay ~£50 to have it shipped out and then it would be inspected before providing me with a repair quote.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so then how was it resolved?  If it was sent back, what was the cost?

Regards,

Edited the content to hide personal information.
Acer-Samuel

Answers

• JCoole
    JCoole Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hey @Mark_Cardiff did you ever resolve this? The EXACT same thing has just happened to my XB271HU..
  • Mark_Cardiff

Tinkerer

Hi.  I decided to pay the fee to have it shipped back in December 2019 and was told that the motherboard needed replacing.  I agreed reluctantly to pay the replacement cost, but at the time of writing (5 months later!!) I still haven't received it back!  Last time I called (pre-COVID outbreak), I was told that there was a long wait time for the new part, but regardless I'm very unhappy with the service that I received at every stage.  The telephone staff sounded disinterested, unsympathetic and sometime patronising and impatient.  As a result I've recently spent £1000 on a 32" gaming monitor from Asus.  That make was on the original shortlist for the 27" and I wish I'd chosen that instead of the Acer.  I will never buy from that company again or recommend their products to anyone.
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

We are sorry for the experience you are having. The Acer Community is a peer to peer platform, where enthusiast`s
    members help each other. We suggest the Acer direct channel for this issue and we also ask to keep in mind that do to COVID-19 we might have a delay on repair in some country. If you would like, you can send the SN for your unit so I can see if I can better assist you. I can`t promise that I can have the solution, but I can check and if there is something I can do to help, I will gladly do it.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Mark_Cardiff

Tinkerer

Hi, thanks for your reply and your help.  I assume you expedited this case since I received a notification earlier that my monitor has been shipped back.  I doubt it's a coincidence.
  • DCO
    DCO Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited December 2020
    Hello Mark, i have the same problem with mine in the US. It just turned 4 years old. I will replace it by an ASUS but would still like to have the ACER repaired. I am in the US but can you please share how much it cost you (sterling will be fine :-))
    thank you. I assumed you went with the ACER 3rd party to ship it and repair it.

Edited the content to hide personal information
  • Mark_Cardiff

Tinkerer

edited December 2020
    DCO said:
    Hello Mark, i have the same problem with mine in the US. It just turned 4 years old. I will replace it by an ASUS but would still like to have the ACER repaired. I am in the US but can you please share how much it cost you (sterling will be fine :-))
    thank you. I assumed you went with the ACER 3rd party to ship it and repair it.

Hi ,

I sent the monitor back to Acer at a cost of £49.95.  The repair itself cost £100.55 and it's been fine since.

Thanks,

• DCO
    DCO Member Posts: 3 New User
    Mark, you were lucky.

I called ACER in the US and got the run around. Transferred to a call center in India who sent me to Staples / Best Buy. A waste of time. Impossible to get an ACER employee to talk to. I also called the shops around me and NONE do ACER repair even though they are listed on the ACER website as a repair center.
    My conclusion is thus that with ACER, if you have a problem outside of the warranty in the US, just throw the equipment away.

I was not expecting this
  • Mark_Cardiff

Tinkerer

I wouldn't consider myself lucky (see my previous posts to see the hassle I went through and subsequent delay), just persistent!  I agree it's far from ideal and that's why I since switched to Asus.

Sorry to hear about your experience.