Can I clean install of acer predator PH315-5 Windows 10 ..... 1803 version?

Nebir
Nebir Member Posts: 75 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I am a user of acer predator PH315-51.my windows is genuine that comes with my device.now my windows 10 version is 1903.now I want to go back 1803 build.but 10 days are gone and I deleted the old file.now i have only way to go back by clean install of windows 10 ...1803 version by booting a USB or a Disc.my question is ...if I do a clear install of 1803 version then my windows license will be gone or not?
And my Acer logo(that appears....MY PC>properties>Acer logo.......that mentioned in the image) will be gone or not?

Best Answer

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019 Answer ✓
    Nebir said:
    I am a user of acer predator PH315-51.my windows is genuine that comes with my device.now my windows 10 version is 1903.now I want to go back 1803 build.but 10 days are gone and I deleted the old file.now i have only way to go back by clean install of windows 10 ...1803 version by booting a USB or a Disc.my question is ...if I do a clear install of 1803 version then my windows license will be gone or not?
    And my Acer logo(that appears....MY PC>properties>Acer logo.......that mentioned in the image) will be gone or not?
    Install Macrium Free (or any software you want; I personally use this), and take a backup of your entire windows partition as an image.
    If you are planning for a clean install, you may want to consider the below:
    • Partition your SSD into two, if it is over 120 GB, to 120 as first, and rest to second. Optionally you might want to keep about 5-10% of SSD unallocated - this would help increase the life of SSD. You could check online on how SSD works and how this allocated space helps increase its life, it would be too much to explain it all here.
    • Windows 10 can comfortably sit in 120.
    • Map your folders outside of windows partition, preferably into a secondary hard disk.
    • Keep windows partition for windows only - games can all sit in the other partition on SSD.
    • This would keep your windows partition small and facilitate monthly or bi weekly backups for easy restore.
    1. Clean install of windows will remove all Acer/branding info, and could also delete the Acer recovery partition, so make an image first!
    2. Clean install of windows will pick whatever license your laptop came with from the motherboard.
    3. If you upgraded to Pro, like me, clean install will reset this back to Home (mine was shipped with home). Post install, change the key to the Pro key and it would get reactivated as Pro.
    4. Acer logo can be got back using 3rd party tools :-)
    ---
    5. If you do a clean install, windows will try to update drivers as needed. Prior to updates, disable "driver and bios updates" option in windows update options. Go to Acer site and download drivers for your model, and install all these.
    • Make sure to install the chipset drivers.
    • You may also want to install Acer software - like Predator Sense and Quick Access (these are the two i feel useful).
    6. Go to web sites manually for the below drivers:
    • NVIDIA GPU (if the latest is under a week old, go for the one before it)
    • Intel GPU
    • CPU microcode (security updates at processor level) (very rare, but doesn't harm checking)
    ---
    If post clean install the windows key does not work, do not panic. This is normal - Windows key enabling/disabling state seems to be stored to motherboard. If you had it enabled via Predator Sense before clean install, it should most possibly come back enabled. If it doesn't, install Predator Sense and reenable it.
    ====
    I went from 10 Home to 7 to 10 Pro to 7 to 10 Pro - right now on 10 Pro.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited October 2019
    Even if you reinstall windows 10 using the alt + f10 command, the installed version will be 1903. If you choose to install a microsoft iso with an earlier version, you will delete Acer hidden recovery partition (ERECOVERY) and the alt + f10 command will stop working. However, you will not lose your license if you choose to install a microsoft iso.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Nebir
    @egydiocoelho Ok....I will not lose my licence.but if I perform a clean install from Microsoft iso file(previous version) then will I lost the Acer logo that I mentioned in the picture?
  • Yes my friend! Could you better explain the problem you are facing with version 1903?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Nebir
    @egydiocoelho sound problem in game.and also Dolby audio is not working.
  • Have you checked if dolby audio service is active?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    You can get that OEM information stuff back by adding them manually like I did after a clean install of Windows 10, 1903.
    Even if you reinstall windows 10 using the alt + f10 command, the installed version will be 1903. If you choose to install a microsoft iso with an earlier version, you will delete Acer hidden recovery partition (ERECOVERY) and the alt + f10 command will stop working. However, you will not lose your license if you choose to install a microsoft iso.
    If I do it in 1903, will Acer apps and drivers also come after this reset?

Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • I did a test here on my notebook, in which I updated the windows 10 home edition to the pro version and had also updated the build to the 1903 version. When I reinstalled windows using the alt + f10 command, the pro version and build 1903 remained installed, but Acer applications and programs, such as norton, acer quick access, acer care center, were automatically reinstalled.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Nebir
    @egydiocoelho how can I check it? Friend
  • sri369
    edited October 2019 Answer ✓
    Nebir said:
    Install Macrium Free (or any software you want; I personally use this), and take a backup of your entire windows partition as an image.
    If you are planning for a clean install, you may want to consider the below:
    • Partition your SSD into two, if it is over 120 GB, to 120 as first, and rest to second. Optionally you might want to keep about 5-10% of SSD unallocated - this would help increase the life of SSD. You could check online on how SSD works and how this allocated space helps increase its life, it would be too much to explain it all here.
    • Windows 10 can comfortably sit in 120.
    • Map your folders outside of windows partition, preferably into a secondary hard disk.
    • Keep windows partition for windows only - games can all sit in the other partition on SSD.
    • This would keep your windows partition small and facilitate monthly or bi weekly backups for easy restore.
    1. Clean install of windows will remove all Acer/branding info, and could also delete the Acer recovery partition, so make an image first!
    2. Clean install of windows will pick whatever license your laptop came with from the motherboard.
    3. If you upgraded to Pro, like me, clean install will reset this back to Home (mine was shipped with home). Post install, change the key to the Pro key and it would get reactivated as Pro.
    4. Acer logo can be got back using 3rd party tools :-)
    ---
    5. If you do a clean install, windows will try to update drivers as needed. Prior to updates, disable "driver and bios updates" option in windows update options. Go to Acer site and download drivers for your model, and install all these.
    • Make sure to install the chipset drivers.
    • You may also want to install Acer software - like Predator Sense and Quick Access (these are the two i feel useful).
    6. Go to web sites manually for the below drivers:
    • NVIDIA GPU (if the latest is under a week old, go for the one before it)
    • Intel GPU
    • CPU microcode (security updates at processor level) (very rare, but doesn't harm checking)
    ---
    If post clean install the windows key does not work, do not panic. This is normal - Windows key enabling/disabling state seems to be stored to motherboard. If you had it enabled via Predator Sense before clean install, it should most possibly come back enabled. If it doesn't, install Predator Sense and reenable it.
    ====
    I went from 10 Home to 7 to 10 Pro to 7 to 10 Pro - right now on 10 Pro.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    Unfortunately as i already said in other threads seems that on win 10 1903 when you update from previous versions it will somehow re-write the acer recovery to that version with some code that will not allow you to downgrade via acer stock recovery anymore it will always stay on 1903 when performing a stock recovery (clean install) so the only solution here its to clone the drive into another one (if you want to still keep the stock recovery in another drive for emergency) and install via usb drive or just wipe everything and same procedure my advice to everyone that havent still upgraded to 1903 is clone your drive before you update because you cannot go back after via normal stock recovery and only update if youre having issues im still on 1809 and not going up ever unless any issues arise also i have windows updates completely disabled since day 1 so no chance of windows to mess anything up on mine

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• sri369
    @Nebir
    Just so you know, 1803 home has end of life around when 1909 comes out (about a month or so from now).
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • Nebir
    @egydiocoelho
    How can I check it that you mentioned in the picture?
  • sri369
    Nebir said:
    @egydiocoelho
    How can I check it that you mentioned in the picture?
    start menu --> run --> msconfig --> "services" tab
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • Nebir
    @sri369
    Thanks.i checked and Dolby audio is enabled.but can't open it. 😑
  • Can you open it from the control panel?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sri369
    Nebir said:
    @sri369
    Thanks.i checked and Dolby audio is enabled.but can't open it. 😑
    What does it mean "can't open it"? Any errors? Messages?
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Nebir have you tried to completely uninstall the realtek driver and reinstall it

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Nebir
    @sri369
    I tried to open Dolby audio by clicking mouse left button but just showed loading in mouse cursor after 2-3 seconds nothing happend.
  • Nebir
    @xapim
    Ok
  • Nebir
    @egydiocoelho yes I tried...but same result.... nothing happened.....I can't open it