Nitro 7 doesn't charge after being plugged in for a while, how to fix?

Options
isski
isski Member Posts: 5 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi,
My Nitro 7 doesn't charge after being plugged into the wall for a couple of weeks. Any ideas on how to fix this? 

I have tried uninstalling the battery drivers and reinstalling, I have also set my bios settings to default. Any ideas?
All help is much appricated.

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    Try a battery reset. Turn off and unplug, place a straightened paperclip in the small hole on the underside of the laptop and press for a full 10 seconds. Let laptop rest for 15 minutes then plug in and restart Laptop
    If I have answered your question please click YES, thank you

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• isski
    Options
    andylb said:
    Try a battery reset. Turn off and unplug, place a straightened paperclip in the small hole on the underside of the laptop and press for a full 10 seconds. Let laptop rest for 15 minutes then plug in and restart Laptop
    I don't think my laptop has that small hole. I cannot find it anywhere underneath or on the sides.
  • andylb
    Options
    isski said:
    andylb said:
    I don't think my laptop has that small hole. I cannot find it anywhere underneath or on the sides.

What is your exact model number AN***-**

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• isski
    Options
    andylb said:
    isski said:
    andylb said:

What is your exact model number AN***-**
    It is AN715-51
  • andylb
    Options
    OK, to reset your battery unplug your laptop and do a hard shutdown by pressing the power button down for a full 15 seconds and let rest for 15 minutes then plugin and reboot

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• isski
    Options
    andylb said:
    OK, to reset your battery unplug your laptop and do a hard shutdown by pressing the power button down for a full 15 seconds and let rest for 15 minutes then plugin and reboot
    still doesn't work for me :(
  • andylb
    Options
    Can you get access to another compatible charger and see if it charges? This may be a charger problem. Chargers should never be plugged directly into a wall socket, power surges and fluctuations can damage chargers and laptops. All professionals recommend that Chargers and Power cords are plugged into a surge protector

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• isski
    Options
    andylb said:
    Can you get access to another compatible charger and see if it charges? This may be a charger problem. Chargers should never be plugged directly into a wall socket, power surges and fluctuations can damage chargers and laptops. All professionals recommend that Chargers and Power cords are plugged into a surge protector
    I do not have a another compatible charger though... and yeah it has been plugged into the wall the whole and not thourgh a surge protector.
  • andylb
    Options
    isski said:
    andylb said:
    I do not have a another compatible charger though... and yeah it has been plugged into the wall the whole and not thourgh a surge protector.

I have a strong suspicion that the charger is your problem. Sometimes a local computer store may let you plug in to one of their chargers to test it. If it is the charger, replace it and buy an inexpensive surge protector.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Brazilrome
    Brazilrome Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I have same problem, trying everything else First: delete battery driver/ instal new driver , trying another charger etc. Nothing works.

I open the  bottom cover and unplug the battery 1 minute and plug it back. Everything work normal then.