Why does my new SSD not showing up on my Acer nitro 5 an515-53 laptop?

Saba777
Saba777 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in Nitro Gaming
I have installed new external SSD Samsung evo 860 in my Acer nitro 5 an515-53, but I cant see this drive in the disk management, how can I fix that?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer
    Does the BIOS Information tab see the drive? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Open the adminstrative command prompt.  Enter 'diskpart'. At the diskpart prompt enter 'list disk'

DISKPART> list disk

Are disk 0 and disk 1 displayed?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Saba777

Tinkerer

There is only Disk 0 displayed, nothing else
  • JackE
    I think the issue might be related to the RAID setup. Go back into the BIOS security tab. Set and save a BIOS supervisor password. Exit BIOS menu. RE-enter the BIOS with the supervisor password. See if you can disable secure boot. Then save settings and exit. Boot Win10 to check if diskmgmt.msc or diskpart can see it now.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Saba777

Tinkerer

I did everything step bu step in BIOS, after I boot Win10 and checked diskpart and diskmgmt there is only Disk 0 displayed. Nothing changed.
  • JackE
    Can you see the drive on another computer's USB port using a HDD-2-USB adapter? There may be an issue with the EVO. Jack E/N

Jack E/NJ

• Saba777

Tinkerer

I don`t have USB adapter to check this sadly. I dont know what to do, 3 days I´m trying to solve this problem....
  • JackE
    Adapters are very plentiful and inexpensive. Places like CentralPoint has them such as https://www.kjell.com/se/produkter/dator-natverk/kablar-adaptrar/usb/usb-adaptrar/usb-3-0-adapter-for-sata-harddisk-p61199

Sorry I cannot determine from here if the problem is with the EVO drive itself or the laptop's RAID configuration without checking the drive on another system from the USB port. These drives would normally go into machine with the SATA mode set to AHCI, not RAID. Your system will not boot into AHCI mode when it's configured as RAID. 

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Saba777

Tinkerer

I tried to change OPTANE to ACHI, after I changed to ACHI than windows didnt load.. Can I change RAID to SATA? For example if I reinstall my current WINDOWS would be it help?
  • Saba777

Tinkerer

This drive is new, I bought 2 days ago
  • JackE
    RAID is a SATA mode. If you change mode to something else, Windows likely won't boot. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Saba777

Tinkerer

How can I change this RAID mode? Installing new WINDOWS will change that?
  • JackE
    Yes, installing Win10 is probably the most direct way. ACER apparently has a raid tool but it doesn't seem to work reliably. So I would back up my important personal files on a USB drive. Then either use Microsoft' Win10 USB drive installation creation tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 or simply download the Win10 iso file and use Rufus to create the FAT32 Win10 installation USB drive. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Saba777

Tinkerer

I will try tomorrow, many thanks for your attention. If this will help me I´ll respond
  • JackE
    You really should test the new drive on the USB port of another computer before you go through all this work. Brand new drives can be bad too. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ugurr
    ugurr Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited November 2019
    i buy acer nitro 5. acer's own sdd doesnt show up on boot menu. may anybody help me?
  • JackE
    Does it show up in the Information tab menu? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• falusi
    falusi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi!

I just bought an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54. It came with a 1TB HDD and 256GB SSD, but the system recognize the SSD at all. It doesn't even show up in the BIOS information menu (BIOS version v1.09).

I was checking on different forums, but there seemed to be only thread where they managed to find a solution, but included removing the SSD physically so I didn't want to try that as I would my guarantee then.

Is there anything I could try to make it work?

Thanks
  • @falusi. Ideally, you create a new thread. Add me by putting an @ and also make sure ssd appears in the bios info tab.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    falusi>>>I just bought an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54.>>>

Immediately return it to the vendor for an exchange or refund. ACER warranty service will take longer. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.