Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 low performance

Endri
Endri Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi everyone, i have a issue with my acer nitro 5 An515-52(intel i5-8300h,gtx 1050-4gb,ssd 128gb,hdd 1tb).Processor base speed is 2.3ghz but it stays 1.6 in charge and 1.2 on battery and dont get below that.Beside gaming i also work on autocad 2017 and its kind of slow .In gaming i dont get the inspeced performance, it look like te processor in speeping and dont give the grphic card full potential,i also downloaded intel turbo boost technology monitor and it says that my processor is on energy saver.i have done all te configuraion (windows optimisation,graphic drivers ,power plan to high performance etc)
Hoping someone to help me 

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    It sounds like your games and programs are not running on the Nvidia GPU. You have to correctly set up tour Nvidia Control Center 
     You have to go to your Nvidia control panel and select games to run on High Performance
    Click the Global Settings tab and under Preferred Graphics Processor tab select the Nvidia GPU. Under the Program Settings tab select each game or program to run on the Nvidia GPU

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Endri
    Endri Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

what about the low frec of proccesor i cant even see on bios turbo boost service

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Endri said:
    what about the low frec of proccesor i cant even see on bios turbo boost service

The processor will only reach max frequency when under stress using the Nvidia GPU. Configure the Nvidia Control panel as outlined above

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• mel_zasa
    mel_zasa Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2023

Hi Endri, i experienced the same with my Nitro 5, untill i learn from andylb and tried to change my setting.

Selecting nvidia in set PhysX configuration have made my autocad speed runs faster now.

Thanks andylb for your input