Switching to specific camera on R751TN

MrDodge
MrDodge Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
We are attempting to use a QR code scanner such as (https://www.the-qrcode-generator.com/scan) and are currently running into an issue that the websites are using the camera in the keyboard instead of the front user facing camera in the screen.
From the following image you can see that the option in the URL bar is greyed out and it is selecting the keyboard camera even though under site settings the screen camera is set as default. This is happens no matter what user/administrator logs in.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Josh

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓
    Generally, the app that is using the camera would have a toggle to switch between the cameras. In this case, it doesn't appear like that site has the option. I tried it on my system here and had the same result. We have reported this to Google so they can look into it. Unfortunately, it would require some update to the OS, browser or website to allow it to use the other camera. Hopefully, they will be able to resolve this with an update soon.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓
    Generally, the app that is using the camera would have a toggle to switch between the cameras. In this case, it doesn't appear like that site has the option. I tried it on my system here and had the same result. We have reported this to Google so they can look into it. Unfortunately, it would require some update to the OS, browser or website to allow it to use the other camera. Hopefully, they will be able to resolve this with an update soon.