Acer Nitro 5 an515-52 SSD m2 problem

Options
zielonak
zielonak Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

I have a laptop acer nitro 5 an515-52 with a HDD.

I bought a m2 SSD.
SSD ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 512GB PCIe x4 NVMe

I installed the SSD on the motherboard.
The BIOS sees the SSD.

Unfortunately, the SSD is not visible in windows.
In disk management or in any disk management program.

Do you have any idea what to do?
Is there a chance that the SSD is damaged?

Best Answer

• zielonak

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    problem solved you need to: Enter regedit and click Enter 4. Search for the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ storahci \ StartOverride 5. Change the DWORD value from 3 to 0 then change in bios from RAID to AHCI and windows starts. the ssd drive is visible in the disk manager

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,057 Trailblazer
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hello,
    Did you check the SATA Mode in the bios setup utility? RST with Optane must be by default.
    France
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to BIOS and find out whether you have AHCI or IRST with Optane mode for SATA in Main tab, if it's in IRST with Optane, switch to AHCI and see whether it helps.

• zielonak

Tinkerer

Options
    SATA mode is set to RST with Optane. when I switch to AHCI, windows do not start. I get a message that there is a problem with botting.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Do you still have the HDD installed? If so, remove the HDD and try again.
  • zielonak

Tinkerer

Options
    yes hdd is installed. ok, I can take the hdd out, switch to AHCI but I don't have windows on ssd. I wanted to copy windows from hdd to ssd. what will the hdd removal do? the problem is that windows was installed on hdd under rst and not AHCI?
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    You also have to tell us how you migrate the OS on to the new SSD or you haven't done it yet.
  • zielonak

Tinkerer

Options
    I haven't installed windows on ssd yet. the plan was: 1. insert the ssd into the motherboard 2. create a partition on ssd 3. copy windows from hdd to ssd 4. switch booting into bios with ssd
  • brummyfan2
    edited October 2019
    Options
    OK, put the HDD back and leave the M.2 SSD as well, install Minitool Partition wizard free program, run it and use Migrate feature to transfer the contents of HDD to M.2 SSD, then go to BIOS and change the boot order to make the new SSD as your first boot device.
    https://www.partitionwizard.com/
    https://www.partitionwizard.com/clone-disk/migrate-windows-10.html
  • zielonak

Tinkerer

Options
    I'll try, do you think Minitool Partition will see ssd? I will try and let you know
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    zielonak said:
    I'll try, do you think Minitool Partition will see ssd? I will try and let you know
    I think so because NVMe SSD is compatible with your model.
  • zielonak

Tinkerer

Options
    unfortunately easily migrate can't see the ssd disk ...

Any idea what I can do?
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    zielonak said:
    unfortunately easily migrate can't see the ssd disk ...

Any idea what I can do?
    Hi,
    I have run out of ideas but I have asked one of my colleague to help  you, so please wait for him to respond.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you verified that ssd is recognized in the bios info tab? have you converted ssd to gpt already?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • zielonak

Tinkerer

Options
    bios recognizes ssd I didn't convert ssd because I can't do it. ssd is only visible in bios. It is not visible in any program after starting windows. maybe the solution is to try to install windows on ssd with a pendrive? maybe the windows installer will see it
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    is ssd recognized in device manager? Have you checked if ssd is recognized on diskpart?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • zielonak

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    problem solved you need to: Enter regedit and click Enter 4. Search for the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ storahci \ StartOverride 5. Change the DWORD value from 3 to 0 then change in bios from RAID to AHCI and windows starts. the ssd drive is visible in the disk manager