Will my Acer Aspire 5 (A515-54) support a 4K external monitor?

Options
rxcats
rxcats Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2020 in Aspire Laptops
I purchased an Acer Aspire A515-54 on Amazon. It has an Intel Core i3-8145U processor and Intel UHD Graphics 620. It also has HDMI 2.0 connectivity. I am considering getting a LG 27UL650-W 27 Inch 4K UHD LED Monitor which supports a resolution of 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz. It looks like the UHD Graphics 620 using HDMI 2.0 from the laptop would support this as an external monitor. Am I missing anything? Not using it for gaming (not a gamer at all). Mostly streaming and surfing. 4K may be overkill but I want a larger external monitor so I may as well get 4K supported. Any other recommendations for a monitor. I also add another 8GB of memory for a total of 12GB (only came with 4GB) and bumped up SSD from 128GB to 500GB if that makes any difference. 

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yeah, you shouldn't have any issues unless you find yourself with a really old HDMI cable. Some will only allow 30Hz refresh rate... Just swap out to a good cable if you run into that.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yeah, you shouldn't have any issues unless you find yourself with a really old HDMI cable. Some will only allow 30Hz refresh rate... Just swap out to a good cable if you run into that.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rxcats
    rxcats Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks for answering the question. Getting the correct HDMI cable shouldn't be a problem.
  • PhyssyB
    PhyssyB Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello, I have a Acer Aspire 5 15.6" Laptop - Silver (Intel Core i3-10110U/256GB SSD/8GB RAM/Windows 10) and would like to get a monitor for multitasking. Can you please give me suggestions of monitors compatible with my laptop and what type of USB to buy to connect my laptop to the monitor. Thank you
  • billsey
    Options
    @PhyssyB you should start your own thread, using the Ask a Question button, and give us the full model number so we can look it up.
  • Uzi
    Uzi Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    rxcats said:
    I purchased an Acer Aspire A515-54 on Amazon. It has an Intel Core i3-8145U processor and Intel UHD Graphics 620. It also has HDMI 2.0 connectivity. I am considering getting a LG 27UL650-W 27 Inch 4K UHD LED Monitor which supports a resolution of 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz. It looks like the UHD Graphics 620 using HDMI 2.0 from the laptop would support this as an external monitor. Am I missing anything? Not using it for gaming (not a gamer at all). Mostly streaming and surfing. 4K may be overkill but I want a larger external monitor so I may as well get 4K supported. Any other recommendations for a monitor. I also add another 8GB of memory for a total of 12GB (only came with 4GB) and bumped up SSD from 128GB to 500GB if that makes any difference. 
    Greetings,

Did you manage to run 4k@60Hz on your laptop?

I have an Acer Aspire A515-54 10th gen i5 with Nvidia MX250 and wondering about the same thing if the HDMI port is 2.0.