Aspire - VN7-793G-734A Black Edition - Model no. N16W4 - Battery/Charger issues + won't run on AC

Shanonimous
Shanonimous Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Laptop just over 2 years old, won't register charger is plugged in (I was able to get it to register the charger if I did some wiggling of cables but I've discounted that now as the charger appears to work fine for my brothers laptop - and his does not work fine for mine).  Procrastinating on getting this fixed and now my laptop won't turn on at all and I'm unclear if some of the articles I found online talk about unscrewing the case and checking switches but they also talked about changing settings in the laptop.  At present laptop won't turn on.  Last attempt had battery level critical flash on screen.

Is there anything I can do? and failing that any estimated cost of repair for a problem like this?

Your response is appreciated :)

Best Answer

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,850 Trailblazer
    >>>I was able to get it to register the charger if I did some wiggling of cables>>>
    Peer into the laptop charger jack. Make sure the center pin is straight and the slider contacts are visible like shown below. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shanonimous
    Shanonimous Member Posts: 2 New User
    Update:  Okay so, strangly it wasn't the charger jack side of the cable that was able to be wiggled to fix issue it was the power cord side. By having the "jug" cord partially rather than fully plugged in I was able to get the laptop to charge... until that stopped working.

Have opted to just get a new charger - but wait the 180W charger that came with the laptop is out of stock everywhere and some internet searches are telling me that a 135w charger is adequate.  But I'm after some official correspondence on this.  The 135W acer chargers I can find are like half the price of the out of stock 180w ones.  Can anyone provide insight into appropriate charger as I'm struggling to find anything officially posted.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,850 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Google the 180watt part number "KP.18001.002" you may have better luck. Fits many different models, not just yours. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ