Acer Nitro 5 Ryzen AN515-42 Not booting up after Windows Update. The keyboard Lights are only on.

krishanuchhabra
krishanuchhabra Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I updated my Windows yesterday. In the morning when i turned the laptop back on, It started with "updating" screen. Then i entered the password to log into windows . All of a sudden the screen went black. After 5-7 minutes I pressed the power key and it turned off. I pressed the power key again to turn on the laptop .Only the keyboard lights are on. Fan is not running. Neither I get the feeling that its even booting up. Screen is black as if the laptop is still off. Even when i press the power key, it doesnt turn off. The keyboard lights stay lit until I do a battery reset through the pin hole at the back. I have tried draining the battery and all other stuff, but nothing is working. I am ***** sure , its its due to the latest windows update that i did yesterday. Please help me ! 

Answers

• Auden
    Auden Member Posts: 3 New User
    Similar issue.  Windows wanted to do a "Feature Update to Windows 10, Version 1903". Normal blue update percentage and "Restarting".  Failed to restart and then had to cycle the power 2 or 3 times to get an Acer boot screen at which point the "Removing Update" information ran across the bottom. Running an Acer Nitro 5 with i5 8300H processor.
  • krishanuchhabra
    Thanks Auden for the reply. How did you get the Acer boot screen back? I have tried so many times but its not even booting up. How do I make it to remove the update
  • Auden
    Auden Member Posts: 3 New User
    I don't have a good answer for you.  Mine did two boots that failed, then on the third boot up (just holding the power button for 5 seconds or so) it reverted the update and made it into windows.  I then upgraded via windows 10 ISO download from the microsoft site.  I'm at 1903 and everything is currently working so I got lucky.  Reverting the update seemed to be an automatic action, nothing on my part.
  • krishanuchhabra
    Hmmm... i have tried everything and nothing occurs. No reverting, No booting. Just the black screen and lit keyboard. Thanks by the way. 
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    You may want to try a Windows refresh or a factory reset if your computer is unable to boot into Windows. Use the following steps to to launch Windows Automatic Repair.

If the issue persist, we suggest you contact Acer support for assistance.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Woofah
    Woofah Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Maybe going into Safe Mode to revert the update might help.