Acer Aspire A315-41-R69L - Fresh reboot when waking up on sleep/hibernate

Options
Gunfort
Gunfort Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I recently bought an Acer Aspire A315-41-R69L

Currently, I have a problem when waking up the laptop from sleep or hibernate. When I press the power button, it will be blank for a few seconds and then it boots up windows from the start, not showing the usual wake up behavior. I've tried many suggestions from power settings(hybrid sleep, fast boot etc) to updating my bios, and none seems to work. Please help, I always lost my recent works when my laptop went to sleep.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    edited September 2019
    Options
    All settings in the ControlPanel 'button' app should be set to sleep, Fast startup should be disabled. All time settings in the ControlPanel 'edit power plan' app should be set to NEVER. Use the spacebar not the power button to wake. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Some users have stated that the latest version of adrenalin has fixed many bugs as well.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Gunfort

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    All settings in the ControlPanel 'button' app should be set to sleep, Fast startup should be disabled. All time settings in the ControlPanel 'edit power plan' app should be set to NEVER. Use the spacebar not the power button to wake. Jack E/NJ

everything is set to sleep. fast startup is disabled. the turn off the hard disk, hybrid sleep etc is set to never. I wake my laptop with spacebar too. actually I have this problem before too. I applied this method since its almost everywhere and it works, untill...

egydiocoelho said:
    Some users have stated that the latest version of adrenalin has fixed many bugs as well.
    until I updated my adrenalin last night, the sleep problem came back and the previous solution doesn't work anymore
  • Gunfort

Tinkerer

edited September 2019
    Options
    I found the problem, it is from adrenalin 19.9.2 update that I did last night. but I don't know which exact driver that causes the problem. I just uninstalled adrenalin and now my laptop wakes up normally.
  • Gunfort

Tinkerer

Options
    Weird, I tried installing different version of adrenalin and the problem always came back. The only way I got is not installing adrenalin at all.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>The only way I got is not installing adrenalin at all. >>>

More buggy generic software. Thanks for reporting the fix. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gunfort

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>The only way I got is not installing adrenalin at all. >>>

More buggy generic software. Thanks for reporting the fix. Jack E/NJ
    well, you're welcome. but it is weird, the preinstalled adrenaline version(which I don't know which one) when I buy this laptop never make this trouble. 
    if you know which one preinstalled with Acer Aspire 3 A315-41-R69L, the one with Ryzen 3 3200u please let me know. I've tried many versions and none seems to work without the sleep problem. I downloaded the VGA driver from Acer's site but no adrenalin showed up.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Are you using windows 10 version 1903?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Gunfort

Tinkerer

Options
    Are you using windows 10 version 1903?
    Yes
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>the preinstalled adrenaline version(which I don't know which one) when I buy this laptop never make this trouble. >>>

Well the pre-installed version might not work too well now with 1903. But I'd guess the pre-installed version would have an AMD release date less than 6 months before whenever you bought the machine. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gunfort

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>the preinstalled adrenaline version(which I don't know which one) when I buy this laptop never make this trouble. >>>

Well the pre-installed version might not work too well now with 1903. But I'd guess the pre-installed version would have an AMD release date less than 6 months before whenever you bought the machine. Jack E/NJ
    I installed the one available at Acer's site and sometime the screen got buggy. I think I'll go back to the latest drivers and adrenalin(19.9.2) even though there is a sleep problem for now since I think I already tried june and july version and the problem still exist. 
  • JackE
    Options
    AMD probably has earlier versions in their archives. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It would be interesting to let you know if this problem occurs when you use the notebook on battery power or plugged into the power adapter.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gunfort

Tinkerer

Options
    It would be interesting to let you know if this problem occurs when you use the notebook on battery power or plugged into the power adapter.
    it happened on both cases
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you tell uefi bios version too?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gunfort

Tinkerer

Options
    Can you tell uefi bios version too?
    I downloaded the latest bios from acer's site. After the problem started. So, I got this problem, searched for solutions and onenof them said to update the bios. And still not work.

Btw I just tried the 19.8.2 and 19.9.3 ver of adrenalin and the problem still persist. Well, at least no more buggy screen.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the issue persist when installing the driver provided by Acer?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gunfort

Tinkerer

Options
    Does the issue persist when installing the driver provided by Acer?
    I downloaded the driver in acer's site. But it doesn't have adrenalin and it sometimes make the screen buggy. Wasn't the Aspire 3 A315-41-R69L supposed to be released around mid 2019? The driver in acer's site I think was from 2018.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Wasn't the Aspire 3 A315-41-R69L supposed to be released around mid 2019? The driver in acer's site I think was from 2018. >>>

Can't tell much of anything from date stamps. This is common. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gunfort

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>Wasn't the Aspire 3 A315-41-R69L supposed to be released around mid 2019? The driver in acer's site I think was from 2018. >>>

Can't tell much of anything from date stamps. This is common. Jack E/NJ
    Should I use the driver from Acer's site then?