Nitro 5 resetting hard drive to factory settings

Ohalabi
Ohalabi Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
When I purchased my Nitro 5 laptop, it came with a pre-installed windows 10 and it had only one partition C which contains the operating system files and other data, and it used to show having space of 1TB when I view it from 'This PC'. After that, I created another partition. Now I'm unable to install new apps on C because it's full. Now I want to reset the disk to its original settings when I purchased it. My disk manager shows that windows is located on a separate disk which has space of 128 GB, and I think this is the SSD. However, I'm sure when I purchased the device, the disk on which windows is installed had a 1TB space. Maybe the two disks were combined in some way so they were acting as one large disk. How can I reset the original settings and remove all the partitions I've created? 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    As long as you didn't erase the hidden ACER recovery partition irrespective of which drive it's on, you can reset the laptop by shutting it completely off. Then turn it back on again and ***immediately***, press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear to either completely erase and reset the system to factory fresh or try to refresh it while trying to save personal files and programs. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• escapehere42
    escapehere42 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Ohalabi said:
    When I purchased my Nitro 5 laptop, it came with a pre-installed windows 10 and it had only one partition C which contains the operating system files and other data, and it used to show having space of 1TB when I view it from 'This PC'. After that, I created another partition. Now I'm unable to install new apps on C because it's full. Now I want to reset the disk to its original settings when I purchased it. My disk manager shows that windows is located on a separate disk which has space of 128 GB, and I think this is the SSD. However, I'm sure when I purchased the device, the disk on which windows is installed had a 1TB space. Maybe the two disks were combined in some way so they were acting as one large disk. How can I reset the original settings and remove all the partitions I've created? 
    I solved this problem with the help of the following video. The subject may be old, but it will benefit those coming from google.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_MPU7imEmU