Aspire ES1-432-C3RG Default boot recovery missing or boot failed

Lisa5678
Lisa5678 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
My device is malfunctioning. It keeps showing "default boot missing or boot failed". I've watched YouTube videos and read previous comments but nothing works. Please help. My device is Aspire ES1-432-C3RG

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi Lisa5678

If it goes directly to the boot device missing/failed screen without the logo, then your machine is still in fast startup mode.  Meaning it's still not completely shut off. So unplug the charger. Then press & hold the power button again for at least 5 seconds or till there are no signs of life. Turn the laptop upside down and remove the battery pack. Then press and hold the power button again for about a minute to completely drain any remaining charge on the mainboard. Then re-insert the battery and charger plug. Then start tapping the F2 key while turning it back on. You gotta be quick tapping the F2 key to see if the BIOS menu finally appears. If it does, see if the HDD is identified in the BIOS information tab as shown in my earlier post. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Lisa5678
    Lisa5678 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited September 2019
    The BIOS menu appeared. Could you please provide me with more information on what I'm suppose to do

Edited the content to protect sensitive information [Acer-David]
  • tony675
    tony675 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have done it all to no avail.
  • tony675
    please any other options or alternative to ratify this problem on my aspre es1-432
  • tony675
    default boot dice missing or boot failed
  • tony675
    i mean default boot file failed
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    First set the BIOS back to defaults (F9, then F10 to save) and try again. If that doesn't work, which OS did it come with and what is installed now?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.